Violaine Villota

Animating the Bento Wing Bones - tutorials?

I'm back in SL after being mostly out of it for a few years beyond popping in to pay tier fees, and I was really excited to hear about the new Bento wing bones that all the new avatars supposedly  have as wings are the main thing I create here.
What I want to know is, how would I go about animating JUST the bento wing bones? I don't need articulated mesh, because these are fairy wings, so they move more like insect wings - basically flat panels that move back and forth from the base and that's it.
I did find some Bento wing animations that were just the animations, but it didn't work out right and probably because the movements were made for angel or demon wings, which move differently.
Are there tutorials for how to animate the bento bones by themselves, so that whatever is attached to those bones would move?
What would I require, and is there any way to get it done in-world?
I have a really old version of Poser, Blender and ZbrushCore (though I am new at both, or at least, rusty enough to seem new) and can't afford to shell out for anything like full Zbrush or Maya.
I would love to be pointed in the right direction, or even to be told that animating the Bento wing bones in this way would not work for what I want so I can stop searching for info :)
Thanks in advance! I did just buy an animation kit that works like the older one I used in SL, so if Bento isn't the way to go I'll just stick with animating them the older way.
For reference, this is a set of my wings and that is one of the types of wing flutter I want along with a fast flutter and open/close positions, I'm just thinking doing it with the Bento bones would be better, right?