Weird avatar animation( crouch walk)

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

i  hope this is the right forum. My partner discovered today very unusual behavior of her avatar. While the avatar is standing still it goes into a crouch pose something like she is trying to fix her footwear. As soon as she starts moving, the walk looks like she is marching or even like an animal walk. We tried to kill all animations even did the total avatar reset to starting conditions. Nothing is helping. My partner is using Firestorm to run Second Life. Her OS Windows 7. 

My partner is not a premium member therefore I took the liberty to post that topic in behalf of her. 

Thank  you in advance. 

46 minutes ago, Ark Vuckovic said:

My partner is not a premium member therefore I took the liberty to post that topic in behalf of her. 

She doesn't need to be a premium member.  This is a residents forum.  Anyone can post here.

Back to her issue.  Has she tried removing her AO to see if this helps?  Is she wearing a collar? 

In such a case, clearing the cache is as useful as drinking a bottle of water in a single take. ;)

When you say that you tried to "kill all animations", may I suppose that you mean the option under Avatar > Avatar Health > Stop Avatar Animations? As well as the Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions option?

Have you peeked into this thread as well?

And just a stupid thought: the built-in, non-attachment Firestorm AO is disabled?

• Like 1

I deleted all the animation and reset to the original avatar image, Just a blank avatar, cleared cache and reinstalled firestorm. I used the script to fix the form, and all that did not help . Again and again I clicked on the deformer, and after I the command to sit , the avatar began to work well.

Thanks to everyone who wrote comments and a big thanks to my partner for his care)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kaheyry said:

I deleted all the animation and reset to the original avatar image, Just a blank avatar, cleared cache and reinstalled firestorm. I used the script to fix the form, and all that did not help . Again and again I clicked on the deformer, and after I the command to sit , the avatar began to work well.

Thanks to everyone who wrote comments and a big thanks to my partner for his care)

Normally, crouching is something that only happens when you hold down the crouch key, and the crouch-walk is a separate animation from the standing walk.

However, if memory serves, there is a setting to switch so crouching is a TOGGLE not a hold to use feature, so then you press crouch once and stay crouched till you press again.

If you enabled this option by mistake, that would clearly explain the 'problem' if you were wearing an AO that used the newer "set personal default anims" system, you press crouch, your avi stays crouched, and crouch-walks, and even removing the ao, wouldn't have fixed it because the new walk had been set by the ao as your default.

Also, as mentioned by others, clearing the TEXTURE cache is about as usxeful for issues not involving corrupted textures/meshes, as setting fire to your own backside to cure toothache.

• Like 1

Thanks,

but I can't understand, I completely cleared the avatar ... nothing but the shell of the starting image, so AO should be disabled any animation at all ... and yet it did not give a good result.

In any case, Your comment is very useful for me and my experience in SL.

In addition to what Klytyna said, with most AOs, you are able to crouch walk by clicking on the "Page Down" button (once - no hold needed), similar to how you click "Page Up" to fly. Just in case this ever happens again, your partner should try clicking "Page Up" the next time to see if that helps!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.