Camera angle in Mouselook - Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm using a small bunny avatar with a hud, and when I go into mouselook my camera dips below the ground like this:

Snapshot_020.png.c41f223e8dd25699238fa3cb09029683.png

Is there any way to bring the camera angle up while in mouselook? I tried adjust my hover height hoping that would work to no avail. I also tried adjusting the normal camera angle but when I went into mouselook the same issue happens. Wasn't sure if this is a hud related camera issue that cannot be fixed on my end. 

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Sadvhi said:

I'm using a small bunny avatar with a hud, and when I go into mouselook my camera dips below the ground like this:

Snapshot_020.png.c41f223e8dd25699238fa3cb09029683.png

Is there any way to bring the camera angle up while in mouselook? I tried adjust my hover height hoping that would work to no avail. I also tried adjusting the normal camera angle but when I went into mouselook the same issue happens. Wasn't sure if this is a hud related camera issue that cannot be fixed on my end. 

Haven't tried but you might look in PHOTOTOOLS and  CAM which have some angle adjustments and such. 

You can control the position of your camera using Debug Settings. The information and how-to is here: Second Life Camera Position Tips.

I think there are similar settings for mouse-look. But, I haven't tried.

If you cannot find the mouse-look settings just adjust the third-person camera into a first person camera position.

With Firestorm a Shift-Esc key press reverts the camera settings to their defaults. So, be warned. Resetting the camera gets tedious.

• Like 2
On 9/22/2017 at 12:52 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

You can control the position of your camera using Debug Settings. The information and how-to is here: Second Life Camera Position Tips.

I think there are similar settings for mouse-look. But, I haven't tried.

If you cannot find the mouse-look settings just adjust the third-person camera into a first person camera position.

With Firestorm a Shift-Esc key press reverts the camera settings to their defaults. So, be warned. Resetting the camera gets tedious.

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get a pretty good camera angle outside of mouselook using these tips, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the camera angle in mouselook so I have given up on that for now. The irony is that someone who owns the same avatar said the camera does not make his view dip down beneath the ground like mine does.

6 hours ago, Sadvhi said:

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to get a pretty good camera angle outside of mouselook using these tips, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the camera angle in mouselook so I have given up on that for now. The irony is that someone who owns the same avatar said the camera does not make his view dip down beneath the ground like mine does.

You are welcome.

So, there is something you two are doing differently. If you can figure out what...

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.