Animation moves at the root after upload..

AstraGenesis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This isn't a good solution, as maxing out an animation priority leads to priority slots consumption for really just a detail, which might have been solved in a cleaner way. If the root bone still moves during playback, it's most likely to have no position data for it, only rotation, which causes a lower priority animation to keep playing in the background, playing along with the higher priority animation and affecting this latter animation's unused data slots (the position values). As a result, you get a sort of blend between the higher priority animation, supposed to override everything but lacking the position data, and the lower priority animation playing in the background that instead *has* position data.

When you make an animation, make sure to add keyframes on bones for the type of data that bone needs! The root bone (COG in Avastar) needs rotation and translation data, all the other bones need just rotation. Begin by going to your first frame. Select all the bones you intend to use and hit "i" on keyboard to add a keyframe and choose "rotation". Then, select the COG alone, hit "i" and choose "translation". From this moment on, Blender knows what you want to keyframe on each single bone, hence next time you want to set a keyframe, select the bones, hit "i" and, this time, you can use the "Available" option on the bottom to tell Blender "set keyframes of the same type as those found on the bone". 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.