EXmachina mesh body

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you for making it Omega compatible. This will make it much more easy to style.

I assume only the full priced version will be Omega compatible?

Yes the full version will be, but since i know also who have free bodies want somethign more as i make more skins i wll release time by tioe different free bodies with a diff skin so ppl can eb different, AND if my sweet LOVELY (bastard) scripter  finalize i will add some options more. BTW if somebody know good animators that does  custom animations withotu ask for a liver and kidney pls send to me!

• Like 1

I'm hoping for some form fitting underwear cause I've been trying on unrigged stuff willy-nilly and it's all a bit too flopsy for my liking. One wants to feel support where it's needed. Furthermore I hope some updates will be made to the way the body responds to the sliders. The feet and thighs are stuck at their original size and I'm going to assume that the creator is aware of this and will try to do something about it. Where there's hope, there's (second) life.

Yes i am going to release the update which can solve some issues on rig too, so no problems. About support, please and this is for everybody, if you complain in a forum or on webpages instead to simply contact us inworld, of course you will be unable to receive support from us, since you not contact us.

Before to begin to complain, try to get the support. Also if a free body we offer support, suggestions and help also in case the issue is not related to our body, like clothes not rigged  sound a problem you have because you lack of the body rig for blender/maya.

Or in case you have bough unrigged items rememebr that these was done before the release of mesh bodies so it is normal them do not fit the  back curves, because  (and it is normal) each designer have it own taste on how to create the mesh bodies, our try to be compatible with sl  basic avatar bud do not expect it to be the same "shape".

Cheers

Ramses

• Like 1

So, some updates also here, to have verybody informed:

- We are working just now to have everything fixed because i hate a lot to have 845757686th updates in row. I prefear to have eys often, but not daily updates.

in this update we will have:

- omega applier system: if works tnx god if not stress the creator lol

- fixed rig on legs-shoes (both free and full avatar)

- adding a free cloth onboth free and full avatar

- adding the reset tattoo scripts

- adding a 1 more nails (let's call it the base one)

- fixing minor bugs

Also i am working an hair to add in the pack, if i am able i try in this update if not i will send later as "gift"

Next update will contain:

- better enhancement for eyes (the eyes in the packs are sort of work in progress, need now to finish the script for them and to add better textures)

- facial animations (if i am able to find, of course, a good animator - i had to wait close 1 year to find  a scripter, just to say)

- more to know if i receive  suggestions/helps

Legal Insanity, Creative Studio, Twisted Ink are actively collaborating so in short we will add more vendors also of third parts in the arena so u all can find quickly what is need for the avatar!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramses Meredith said:

So, some updates also here, to have verybody informed:

- We are working just now to have everything fixed because i hate a lot to have 845757686th updates in row. I prefear to have eys often, but not daily updates.

in this update we will have:

- omega applier system: if works tnx god if not stress the creator lol

- fixed rig on legs-shoes (both free and full avatar)

- adding a free cloth onboth free and full avatar

- adding the reset tattoo scripts

- adding a 1 more nails (let's call it the base one)

- fixing minor bugs

Also i am working an hair to add in the pack, if i am able i try in this update if not i will send later as "gift"

Next update will contain:

- better enhancement for eyes (the eyes in the packs are sort of work in progress, need now to finish the script for them and to add better textures)

- facial animations (if i am able to find, of course, a good animator - i had to wait close 1 year to find  a scripter, just to say)

- more to know if i receive  suggestions/helps

Legal Insanity, Creative Studio, Twisted Ink are actively collaborating so in short we will add more vendors also of third parts in the arena so u all can find quickly what is need for the avatar!

Sounds like you're really working hard on it. Do not mind that some went off here in the thread, misunderstandings on forums is so common.

Maybe... and maybe I sounld like an absolute jerk, maybe the release was a bit rushed and some of this should be there from the start. I don't know if you are familiar with the other free mesh body without an alpha out there, who absolutely refuse to join Omega and has it's own closed system? You are already way ahead of them. :x Bravo!

Offering a free body is great, careful so it will not end up so great that no one buy the full priced one.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

hehe Marianne! I think people love all the options that a full priced can give. The issue with the other brand, and i can say also from my side, it is to control/avoid copybotters. But in the end Omega is responsible for their product and derivated, and i can have with my system a full control on copybotters (don't mean i have a sort of CIA system, but in case of dmca  - reports) we can investigate by our own and ban them from the system.

I agree on the fact that people can misunderstand, and when it happen, I am use to say: do not begin a war because maybe the solution of the discussion it is way easier than what they can guess.

Free body is more a gift to the community, because not everybody can pay some prices like nowaday bodies cost (need to rememebr we put hard work on it), so I do like to see people having a chance to be "modern and trendy" also if in a limited way.

About the release, well need to say i had a timeline because i was in an event so had also to respect that, and plus some errors went out during  the days with the support of the customers which are wonderful and very patient, while waiting for this first update.

I also like to update with more functions or addons or gifts, because for me this avatar it is not just a body system, but also a character that i my dream have to be like a "unfold and wear" and u are ready to roleplay.  hehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramses Meredith said:

Free body is more a gift to the community, because not everybody can pay some prices like nowaday bodies cost (need to rememebr we put hard work on it), so I do like to see people having a chance to be "modern and trendy" also if in a limited way.

Yeah, I can imagine equipping a free mesh body to an alt on whom I'd never spend enough to get a full-priced body, and in the course of customizing that body, decide it was worth the investment to buy the real thing for my main account. I'm not sure how much customization is enough to stir those acquisitive juices, nor how much customization this particular free product offers, but the right marketing decision here could pay off handsomely.

One thing I can't seem to discover about this product: Is it another no-mod mesh body? (Not free or demo versions -- those probably need to stay no-mod.) That's a pretty crowded field already, and some of us are really quite tired of having no option but endure the crappy scripting in all these things -- if only they were more open, we could do so much more with them. (I did discover kinda by accident that Slink now has an auto-alpha mode that is a big part of what I'd want to script myself, although it seems very narrowly adopted by clothing makers so far. I'm not sure how open the API is for that -- whether users could script (mod-perm) mesh clothing and other attachments to signal the auto-alpha themselves... maybe.)

Anyway, if it is no-mod, I wonder if the creator might explain if there's some reason for that?

Edited by Qie Niangao

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

(I did discover kinda by accident that Slink now has an auto-alpha mode that is a big part of what I'd want to script myself, although it seems very narrowly adopted by clothing makers so far ...)

Slighty off topic, because I'm only writing about female bodies... Maitreya also offers such an auto-hide option on the Lara body. Even as a customer, you can pick up a free kit at the Mainstore. Then you can either use the kit as some sort of "standalone" to attach seperately when wearing stuff, letting it do the hiding, then unattach. Or I suppose you could also configure a transparent extra prim which you could link to the piece of clothing ... if it was mod.

I'm at the point where I'm at least thinking twice before buying some clothing without autohide. It's a feature I simply expect from certain brands in certain price ranges.

• Like 1

The avatar the full one include in the pack (the vendor it is inspectable) the auto hide script and dev kit (need to read isntructions to make it, it is very easy) also there is a custom dev kit to  create your own skins  makeups or tattoos to use for your individual use, and actually sold for a very cheap price L$100, just to let who have spent a lot for the body to save money hehe

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Anyway, if it is no-mod, I wonder if the creator might explain if there's some reason for that?

Hello Qie, yes there is an explanation:  as you know designers create their own images and so we need to allow a protection in case of copybotting. In fact my  avatar is equipped with a special security system which allow, in case of DMCA, to avoid an applier. Need to explai that it is not an option  that will be used freely or easily, indeed we will work in concert with Linden Labs and Designers, but at moment you must know this is one of most secure avatar system  in sell.

I hope this answered your question!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, it was the answer I'd feared: delusions about copy protection. All models and all images are subject to illicit copying as long as they are rendered client-side. The kind of casual copy abuse that is at all affected by making an item no-mod is no longer common and making it even rarer will not reduce commercial loss due to copying.

But this collective hysteria is widespread, and so long as deluded designers falsely believe it is in their interest, others -- who, for example, provide applier-modified content and thus must satisfy those designers -- those others are forced to choose between trying to educate the designers or playing along with their delusions. There are enough challenges bringing out a new mesh body that it's probably smart to go with the flow -- but as a result, we're all stuck with these horrid no-mod bodies and attachments.

The other unfortunate effect is that those image-based content creators believe that they'll have less commercial loss due to copying, an expectation that has never been and can never be correct. But it's thankless, discouraging prayer to false gods if there are no better ones to offer.

(One thing, though: If your applier-protection system does what I think it does, before activating it you might want to talk with a lawyer who has deep experience in DMCA procedures. There are some tricky pitfalls there that could be very expensive to defend against, even assuming you end up winning -- and this is dealing with a population already self-selected for litigiousness.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Well, it was the answer I'd feared: delusions about copy protection. All models and all images are subject to illicit copying as long as they are rendered client-side. The kind of casual copy abuse that is at all affected by making an item no-mod is no longer common and making it even rarer will not reduce commercial loss due to copying.

Right.

No-mod doesn't prevent the copyboting. The only way to prevent absolutely a copybot is... to not upload in SL.

1 hour ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

Right.

No-mod doesn't prevent the copyboting. The only way to prevent absolutely a copybot is... to not upload in SL.

No sorry maybe i have explain bad. To modify you can use the custom dev kit and apply all u want, the no mod was done just to avoid ppl  accidentally deleting scripts or deleting parts and crowding then the customer care.

The special system help just in case of dmca's (we talk about legal matters that can concern not about a philosophical discussion about - i know well - once the viewer see a body the image is downloaded in their pc) so in case we are asked to deactivate we can.

Issue is not about copybotting, it is about to risk to being sued because somebody is selling a copybotted image that can use the body. There is no other reason and plus also if no mod u can modify it via appliers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So in other words: that thing is calling home to your servers and you have a fine list of who's got what appliers applied at any current time?

Or what?

Oh no that way would be very messing, when i give the merchant dev kit i simply know who is the designer i have given the pack :)

17 hours ago, Ramses Meredith said:

To modify you can use the custom dev kit and apply all u want, the no mod was done just to avoid ppl  accidentally deleting scripts or deleting parts and crowding then the customer care.

As a reason for no-mod content, managing customer support load is certainly more realistic than copy protection. On the other hand, customization by dev kit, though better than nothing, is not at all the same as being able to add one's own script to a modifiable product. (Admittedly, though, now that I've played with auto-alpha on Slink and seeing that this product also supports something similar, that's a big part of what I'd originally wanted to do with my own script.)

To the legal implications of actively responding to DMCA actions, I'd again urge consultation with an experienced lawyer. That's certainly not me, (IANAL etc) but it just seems scary to be assuming liability for doing anything about somebody else's claimed copyright problems. Unless you're acting on the Lab's instructions (so they are the ones assuming all that liability), it sure feels risky to take anybody's word that there's infringement going on. (But maybe that's not what's happening, I'm not sure.)

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 6:11 AM, Marianne Little said:

Thank you for making it Omega compatible. This will make it much more easy to style.

I assume only the full priced version will be Omega compatible?

Happily since I scan the forums regularly I had seen this thread (even if I didn't READ it).

I just got the new version via blogger sample. I haven't played with it much but I really DO like much of it -- better than the others I have tried. This is the out of the box look WITH THE ALPHA SLOT HUD which looks (again, I just opened it) pretty darn impressive.  

There ARE some skin seams but with the Omega applier that should be solved. I haven't looked to see if there is an applier on the market (yep there is) so that should solve the issue!   

Later edit:  The blogger version doesn't appear to have a working hud and there IS NO DEMO where it is being sold.  So as others have said on this thread, there are still issues. There are possibilities here but the maker needs to get on board with the demo.   I won't be featuring on the blog :D. 

AND A LATER EDIT:    I see there is a reply to my post but I was coming here anyway. The blogger version's hud DOES work (after I logged off and on again) so  I will experiment more.   Happy that I tried it one more time.  

Davide.thumb.jpg.08efc6dd642db595ab08a44d782bd106.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Happily since I scan the forums regularly I had seen this thread (even if I didn't READ it).

I just got the new version via blogger sample. I haven't played with it much but I really DO like much of it -- better than the others I have tried. This is the out of the box look WITH THE ALPHA SLOT HUD which looks (again, I just opened it) pretty darn impressive.  

There ARE some skin seams but with the Omega applier that should be solved. I haven't looked to see if there is an applier on the market (yep there is) so that should solve the issue!   

Later edit:  The blogger version doesn't appear to have a working hud and there IS NO DEMO where it is being sold.  So as others have said on this thread, there are still issues. There are possibilities here but the maker needs to get on board with the demo.   I won't be featuring on the blog :D. 

Davide.thumb.jpg.08efc6dd642db595ab08a44d782bd106.jpg

Hello, the system allow the reset in case not work and there was an error so i have fixed it so pls contact me inworld to ghave the copy working lol. I am sorry but sometimes there are issues, now it work with omega we have fixed also a lil error which was sl doing  the bad boy this time!

Tonight i send another update just to have omega working 100% so many skins tattoos and makeups to use!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramses Meredith said:

Hello, the system allow the reset in case not work and there was an error so i have fixed it so pls contact me inworld to ghave the copy working lol. I am sorry but sometimes there are issues, now it work with omega we have fixed also a lil error which was sl doing  the bad boy this time!

Tonight i send another update just to have omega working 100% so many skins tattoos and makeups to use!

Yes, I got it working after I logged on again. And I updated my comment.  Thanks. PLEASE update your blogger box also since the folks there are not in your list of customers.   And you might want to let Corina know so that she can tell folks there was an update. I have no idea who the male bloggers are :D.    

Good luck. I know this was a lot of work. I look forward to experimenting more. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.