non received $L

VanityBrat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

If you don't understand how currency exchanges work, it's probably not a good idea to use the Limit Buy option.  When you do that, you are not buying L$.  You are placing an offer to buy them and waiting for someone else to match your offer.  If you place an offer at a price that is too low, nobody will be interested in selling to you.  Meanwhile, the money that Linden Lab is holding in your account, waiting for a purchase, will just sit there.   Your best bet now is to cancel that offer (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Manage >>> LindeX Order History) and place a new order.  For now, until you know how the LindeX works, use the Market Buy option for an immediate purchase and the current market rate.  The money for your current order will be released to your $$ balance as soon as you cancel the order.

To learn more about your options for buying and selling L$, read

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, VanityBrat said:

I purchased $L through the Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy) a day ago and still have yet to receive it.  But yet they took money out of my bank so why didn't i got them yet? I anyone else having this problem?

Short Version?

You did NOT buy L$ - You OFFERED to buy L$ at whatever  UNREALISTIC rate you entered.

LL take your offered US$ and hold them in escrow, until such time as SOMEBODY is desperate enough or dumb enough to accept your offer at the unrealistic rate you chose, at which point LL will give your US$ to the seller, and give the sellers L$ to you.

Depending on HOW unrealistic your chosen rate was, this could take a day or two, or a week or two, or a year or two, or you might have to wait till SL closes down and hope the last L$ hording fool out the door, accepts your bad rate because it's better than nothing.

If you want INSTANT L$, cancel; the Limit Buy and do a Market Buy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VanityBrat said:

well ***** why do they even have it there .. and how would I get my money back?

It?  You mean the Limit Buy option?  Because it is a very good option once you understand how it works.  If you are buying or selling tens of thousands of L$, you can save quite a lot on a transaction by using Limit Buy instead of accepting the Market price.  It's exactly the same option that you will find in currency exchanges and stock markets in RL.

As for getting your money back ... follow the advice I gave in my post, above ...

On 9/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Cancel that offer (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Manage >>> LindeX Order History) and place a new order.  [ ... ] The money for your current order will be released to your $$ balance as soon as you cancel the order.

The money that Linden Lab has been holding in an escrow account, waiting for your Limit order to go through, will be available immediately in your $$ balance.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.