PC has been IP Banned from SL

robin McAuley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

robin McAuley wrote:

Yes - But my question is - Why did it happen - I suspect LL dont know either - but my hope was someone to shed some light on the cause. Remember she hasnt been banned account or AV wise - to ban a piece of hardware seems like a bug - any view???

It happens occasionally, probably through a simple typo, where they end up blocking the wrong machine, though a week or so ago a whole load of people got blocked at the same time and that was a bug which seems to have been resolved.

If your friend is a Premium member contacting LiveChat can get it resolved quickly. If she is a basic member it can be a bit hit & miss depending on which person responds, some people have had a good result emailing support@secondlife and others have even got fixed by calling the free billing number, which is unusual as they would normally say they don`t deal with technical issues, so anything is worth a try.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

Try This.

If you are useing Phoenix Viewer Go to the top where it say Preferences you will open up a window,  you will see somewhere where it says "CLEAR THE CACHE" do this, Shut down your system. Start up, then you should be able to log in as normal.

Cheers

robin McAuley wrote:

My friend has had her PC IP banned from SL (not her AV or her account) - Does anyone know what this is about - seems weird - A bug maybe?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.