I can hear my neighbor's fireplace crackling from my parcel.

purrrkitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I know, the "restrict sound to parcel" option is limited to outgoing sound sources from your parcel, but not preventing any sound spam from outside coming in.

Besides muting the object on your end, you could kindly ask your neighbor if they'd be so kind to turn on that option.
A lot of folks don't even know it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

I might try "About Land / Sound / Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" because that should silence the source for visitors, too. Or does that only work to prevent sounds emanating from the parcel? (I seem to recall that it works both ways, but could be wrong.)

It should still work both ways. I used it a few months ago to disable baby sounds from one of my neighbors.

• Like 3

This post is so timely! I was thinking about putting a fireplace in my living room earlier today, but wasn't sure if neighbors would be able to hear the sound or not. The glow from the fireplace shines into the apartment next door which concerns me as well, but that's a whole different issue lol.

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I might try "About Land / Sound / Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" because that should silence the source for visitors, too. Or does that only work to prevent sounds emanating from the parcel? (I seem to recall that it works both ways, but could be wrong.)

Yay! This worked. Thank you!

Sweet, sweet silence!!!!!

Edited by purrrkitten
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or for dogs in RL B|

babies, dogs, I can deal with, generators that is something else, nothing more annoying in the world as laying there in a dark AC-less house trying to sleep, while listening to the roar of other peoples generators.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 11:34 PM, Talligurl said:

babies, dogs, I can deal with, generators that is something else, nothing more annoying in the world as laying there in a dark AC-less house trying to sleep, while listening to the roar of other peoples generators.

Move to Iceland.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.