Toolbar missing

summerswind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I recently got a new laptop, installed Firestorm and all was great, but then I crashed and when came back my screen size? looks off, top tool bar is missing, well I can click under where it would be and use it, but can't see it, and lower one is only half showing.  I tried a clean re-install and still have the same issue, and I SO do not want to go to the LL viewer, I like the options Firestorm gives me with AO's and other things.   Any idea what I may have done and how to fix it?

• Sad 1

5 answers to this question

I suspect it's this bug: BUG-100858 - Latest Intel graphics driver 21.20.16.4678 causes viewer screen to be too large, top menu bar missing & click area ~1cm too low

How to fix it depends on which graphics chip you have & whether the laptop has locked OEM drivers.
Do you happen to have an HP laptop?  HP have forced a graphics driver update recently which unfortunately updated to the buggy driver version.

The latest intel driver actually has a fix for this bug, but whether you can update to the fixed driver version depends on whether you have locked OEM drivers & what your graphics chip is - some older intel "cards" cannot update to the fixed driver version.

If this driver will run on your system, it will fix the problem: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27058/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88345

If it won't as a workaround for now, on Firestorm, open Preferences with CTRL+P, Graphics -> General, tick "FullScreen mode" & relog.
Note that this bug will make the click area a bit too low, so to select that option you will need to click slightly underneath it.

Once you get into fullscreen mode & can access the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm, click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information in here.

• Like 1

I'm having this problem too :( , I'm on an ENVY HP convertible notebook, please this is so annoying SOMEONE FIX THIS!!!!, non of the drivers suggested work for me :( ...and my intel driver version is 21.20.16.4639   ...I look for updates and nothing ....

Edited by 66Violet66

1 hour ago, 66Violet66 said:

I'm having this problem too :( , I'm on an ENVY HP convertible notebook, please this is so annoying SOMEONE FIX THIS!!!!, non of the drivers suggested work for me :( ...and my intel driver version is 21.20.16.4639   ...I look for updates and nothing ....

Ugh, I think your notebook probably has locked OEM drivers, which complicates things.

Can you give us the exact model number of your laptop?
Can you also get a dxdiag report of your system - this will show exactly which processor/intel chip & driver version you currently have.
Presuming you are Windows 10,  right click the windows start button bottom left of the tool bar & choose the "Search" option to open Cortana.
In the bottom search box, type in dxdiag - you should see a "dxdiag Run command" option at the top like this:

jzyRviNVQt6nzRSXawDpZg.png

Left click on the "dxdiag Run command" option to launch  the DirectX diagnostic tool.
Wait until the green progress bar shows all the information has loaded.
Then click the "Save all information" button button at the bottom & save the DxDiag.txt file.
Can you paste all information from the DxDiag text file onto pastebin or similar: https://pastebin.com/
Or you can just paste the full report in a comment here.

33 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ugh, I think your notebook probably has locked OEM drivers, which complicates things

Looks like it... googling for "HP Envy intel drivers" produces quite a number of results.

For example, here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-update-to-latest-intel-video-driver/td-p/4896371

But in another thread on the HP forum, someone reported how they defeated the install error:

I think I found a "fix" for this issue. I've been having the same problem. I got the message in my HP support assistant that told me I needed this upate, but I kept getting an "installation failed" message everytime I tried to install. So I went into my device settings and individually updated all of the intel drivers (no matter what they were). I made five updates, restarted my system and then tried to re-install this driver. It said I no longer needed this update.

• Like 1

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 9/27/2017, 12:13:33
             Machine name: DESKTOP-OP89KLU
               Machine Id: {269FB89A-A471-4D2F-B199-ABBE39832CF8}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: HP
             System Model: HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
                     BIOS: F.20
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 12288MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 12160MB RAM
                Page File: 3605MB used, 10411MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.