SapphiricAcid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Each time i go to log in i  get logged right back out saying i am having issues or the region is having issues. I have checked different regions, and still the same thing. It can not be my  internet either, i tried other games that strain my computer more then sl and it hasn't worked. its funny it was working 1 day and the next day it wasn't i would like some help please 

15 answers to this question

Just so other people are not confused, this thread was originally in another forum.  The moderators moved it here to Answers, where the OP had already posted the same question (Same title too) at the same time.  That other question was answered here and was marked ACCEPTED by the OP.  Adding comments to this thread is only going to create confusion.

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2017 at 2:56 PM, SapphiricAcid said:

okay i been playing Second Life for a year now and just recently it had started  logging me in then only a few seconds later logging me out. " Darn. You have been logged out of Second life. This region may be experiencing trouble.Please check connection to the internet." Which it is not the region i have tried about 7 different areas.  My connection is just fine from what I see, I play other games that put more stress on my computer and they are still working. I even tried redownloading SL viewer and Firestorm viewer and i still get the same thing... HELP i need this fixed before tuesday for a bloodlines event

Did you manage to fix it?

I am still having this problem, although login time now extended to 3 mins instead of 30 seconds! Perhaps that's the brand new ethernet cable?!

I've followed Nalates blog post as far as possible (I'm lost once you start using tracert) but no resolution from that other than ping/packets seem to be the issue.

Whilst I apprecite that computers/isp travel in nanosecond changes...it does seem odd that all these issues, for me, started right after the 18/9 maintenance.....(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor)

You could try asking your question in the Answers section of the forums.  There are tabs at the top of the page (at bottom of the picture of people at a restaurant) Click the Answers tab and choose a section to ask your question in.  "Technical" might be a good one to choose.

People there will ask you about your computer, your connection, and which viewer you use.

Good luck.

okay i been playing Second Life for a year now and just recently it had started  logging me in then only a few seconds later logging me out. " Darn. You have been logged out of Second life. This region may be experiencing trouble.Please check connection to the internet." Which it is not the region i have tried about 7 different areas.  My connection is just fine from what I see, I play other games that put more stress on my computer and they are still working. I even tried redownloading SL viewer and Firestorm viewer and i still get the same thing... HELP i need this fixed before tuesday for a bloodlines event

These disconnections are almost always caused be a poor Internet connection to the SL Servers. Having a generally good Internet connection does NOT guarantee a good connection to the SL servers. So, test that specific connection. Instructions here: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

The Internet runs on millions of components. Any one of the can fail at any time. The connections are channeled over wire, fiber optics, microwave, satellite... but not carrier pigeon. All of which are subject to damage, aging, and interference. The number of people using a specific pathway at any moment is constantly changing. Components automatically shift the load as they reach capacity. Their fall back may already be overloaded and we get a cascade effect. 

All these things happen in computer time, nanoseconds. A problem can arise and cause you a problem then self correct before you can say, 'Oh!' Or it may require a tech go replace a failed (burned out) or damaged (cable dug up accidentally) component and take days. Often things are fixed by the time you can relog.

So, just because things were fine yesterday...

• Like 4

As Nalates says, quite correctly, the fact that you can play " other games that put more stress on [your] computer"is irrelevant. Second Life is not "other games", for which you typically download a prepackaged set of programs that run on your own computer and don't rely very heavily on Internet communication. In contrast, your Second Life viewer needs to be in continuous contact with Linden Lab servers, trading information 45 times a second and remaining in near-perfect sync. If you start losing data fragments or if your viewer gets out of sync with the servers by more than a couple of hundred milliseconds, your performance will degrade and you will be disconnected.  This has very little to do with how much bandwidth you have, and it doesn't matter that you can watch YouTube videos and play WoW with no trouble. It's all about reliability.

The problem is almost always in your own equipment or your local connection to the Internet.  The prime suspects are your router and modem. Begin by rebooting both of them (unplug them from the power for a few minutes and then plug them back in and restart everything).  That cures the problem in most cases.  If you have been using a wireless connection, replace it with a direct cable or DSL connection, which are much more reliable.  That can help too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaeni McGinnis said:

no one has commented.

think you should look a bit better ... you get a reply by the best help you can get here... but you don't reply on her question, nor tell what you did to solve it.

For connection problems there is more than enough written, if you use search at top of the page.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

think you should look a bit better ... you get a reply by the best help you can get here... but you don't reply on her question, nor tell what you did to solve it.

For connection problems there is more than enough written, if you use search at top of the page.

Thank you Alwin for your thoughtful response.

I have been trawling through the forum, google, and SL help, trying all the fixes suggested to no avail. Why would I share what doesn't work?

Whilst I am beginning to appreciate that SL support and supposed 'advisors' couldn't care less but would rather make snarky comments than actually help I remain in hope that I might be able to fix things and return to SL.

That I chose to comment showing relief that I am not the only one with this issue should not detract from the original writers issue yet serve to affirm, perhaps even to the SL developers and coders, that there might be a PROBLEM!

1 hour ago, Chaeni McGinnis said:

Thank you Alwin for your thoughtful response.

I have been trawling through the forum, google, and SL help, trying all the fixes suggested to no avail. Why would I share what doesn't work?

Whilst I am beginning to appreciate that SL support and supposed 'advisors' couldn't care less but would rather make snarky comments than actually help I remain in hope that I might be able to fix things and return to SL.

That I chose to comment showing relief that I am not the only one with this issue should not detract from the original writers issue yet serve to affirm, perhaps even to the SL developers and coders, that there might be a PROBLEM!

but for heavens sake you got help, but simply ignored it...  and in case you didn't know it, if Whirly jumps in you can be totally sure it's a good help.

And snarky or not... whats worse, snarky or ask a question and refuse help and post the useless "i have that too...... " to other peoples issues.

Next to it.. people here on the forums are just users as you, no support or advisors in the way you think. And people who you blame to care less or not help... you have a huge chance you indeed won't get any help. But you know what, we dó care or we wouldn't try to give advice.. perhaps try the advice, and you'd be able to log in again... but thats on yourself. Good Luck.

(also not very likely LL will change the code for the sims, avatars, inventory and whatever more, because Cheani can't get in)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but for heavens sake you got help, but simply ignored it...  and in case you didn't know it, if Whirly jumps in you can be totally sure it's a good help.

And snarky or not... whats worse, snarky or ask a question and refuse help and post the useless "i have that too...... " to other peoples issues.

Next to it.. people here on the forums are just users as you, no support or advisors in the way you think. And people who you blame to care less or not help... you have a huge chance you indeed won't get any help. But you know what, we dó care or we wouldn't try to give advice.. perhaps try the advice, and you'd be able to log in again... but thats on yourself. Good Luck.

(also not very likely LL will change the code for the sims, avatars, inventory and whatever more, because Cheani can't get in)

Thank you for letting me know Whirly had replied to my original post. I had not received a notification.

You have a nice day now.

8 hours ago, Chaeni McGinnis said:

Whilst I apprecite that computers/isp travel in nanosecond changes...it does seem odd that all these issues, for me, started right after the 18/9 maintenance.....(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor)

Odd, but coincidence works that way. And Occam's razor is only a statement of probabilities, not certainties.  Sometimes a maintenance cycle can indeed trigger problems for a large number of residents.  When that happens, Linden Lab is flooded almost immediately with a wave of login complaints and their own diagnostic system lights up like a Christmas tree. However, when the number of people with login issues doesn't change after maintenance -- the usual case -- chances are pretty good that your own problem has nothing to do with maintenance.

Incidentally, posting the same question in more than one place isn't likely to get you more, or better answers.  All it does is waste a lot of time for people giving you the same answers.  I suggest that you go back and dig more deeeply into Nalates's blog. The diagnostics she describes should give you the sort of information your ISP will need if you want their help in solving your connection problem.

8 hours ago, Chaeni McGinnis said:

What is odd is that you doubt the most common proven cause of login issues isn't the cause of your problem.

You are making a common mistake, Correlation does not imply causation (Wiki article). If the Sept 18 update was the problem, we would have thousands of people reporting the same problem.

The Lindens are not shy about saying something when the system has login issues. If it doesn't appear in Grid Status reports, it isn't a system wide problem. While there are RARE cases where an area, like a city or country, has issues or there is a problem with a specific

57 minutes ago, Parslie said:

Im having the same problem since this morning, and I just can't fix it :(

What exact "same problem" are you having?  If it is in any way related to getting connected to SL, have a look here to start with:

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.