These numbers have got to be wrong

Chinami1000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

*ahem* There are those of us who RARELY log into SL - but still pay premium, thus supporting the platform! *pats self on back*

I'm not sure if that's directly relevant to this thread but yes, that's certainly a very important point to keep in mind. The people who Desmond Shang calls "Rip Van Winkles" add significantly to Linden Lab's tier and premium membership income and to the rental income of the "land barons".

29 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not sure if that's directly relevant to this thread but yes, that's certainly a very important point to keep in mind. The people who Desmond Shang calls "Rip Van Winkles" add significantly to Linden Lab's tier and premium membership income and to the rental income of the "land barons".

In the article you linked to, the writer was specifically referring to RVW's that were renters.  I was referring to those of us who own tier, whether mainland or private - we are out there and we count.  I don't give a rat's a** about the "land barons". xD

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In the article you linked to, the writer was specifically referring to RVW's that were renters.  I was referring to those of us who own tier, whether mainland or private - we are out there and we count.  I don't give a rat's a** about the "land barons". xD

Yes but he mentioned both. In fact, in a reply to a comment he said that there are far more Rip Van Winkles on mainland than on estates and he's probably right.

This is one of the reasons why LL jsut can't replace SL with Sansar of course. There is no way they can get the Rip Van Winkles to move and there is no way they can afford to loose that source of income.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Yes but he mentioned both. In fact, in a reply to a comment he said that there are far more Rip Van Winkles on mainland than on estates and he's probably right.

Ah, I stopped reading at some point when I realized his statements were all about how important land barons are and missed the comments. Good show. Well obviously every premium member who even has a free 512 tier is another penny for the pot, so to speak. And potential buyers of L$ for the Lindex fees and Marketplace % income for LL. Some of us RPV's are awesome because technically we are not "using" the LL resource unless someone else goes onto our land or near enough that it needs to be rendered.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, I stopped reading at some point when I realized his statements were all about how important land barons are and missed the comments. Good show. Well obviously every premium member who even has a free 512 tier is another penny for the pot, so to speak. And potential buyers of L$ for the Lindex fees and Marketplace % income for LL. Some of us RPV's are awesome because technically we are not "using" the LL resource unless someone else goes onto our land or near enough that it needs to be rendered.

Nope. It still currently requires a dedicated network address and a simulation running at a minimum of eight frames per second.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.