Alpha issues when loggin in new in sl using lumiya app

TigerLilyTao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please help. :/ i have spent hours trying to fix this problem. So heres my story. I just created a new account and i did this all from my ipad device using an app called lumiya. I used this app to login sl for the first time because my laptop was broken. i arrived in my first location and instead of being shown as a starter avi , i was invisible. So then i bought a new shape, with skin. I bought an outfit as well. Then when it came to wearing the alpha layers suddenly it made my whole head have a big black patch instead of seeing transparency like it was supposed to do. I tried everything to figure it out..from rebuying the whole complete avatar items to detaching off bits and pieces one by one. All i found out it does is everytime i wear any kind of alpha layer the same black patch would appear on top of my head. I still have no solution to this, except maybe the only way is to login using the fs viewer but that is the one thing i cant do since i dont have a laptop. :(

Screenshot_20170917-064321.png

Screenshot_20170917-064535.png

Screenshot_20170917-064546.png

Screenshot_20170917-064429.png

you may want to check your inventory for something called a bald base it's basically just a hair base like what you appearing to be wearing but has been edited to get rid of the awful default hair. I couldn't find any bald bases on the marketplace other than that mentioned on https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TRUE-CABELO-HAIR-15-COLOURS-true-bald-hair-base/2555333 but any demo and non demo hair you can get for L$0 on the marketplace should include one

Thanks for the idea. I tried this and it was able to make the default hair dissapear by replacing the alpha layer with the hairbase. (Though it temporariily fixed the black patch)ill still be having the issue of everytime i want to wear alpha layers the black default hair will keep re-appearing in its place of transparency.

It sounds like when you are wearing your "alpha layers" you are wearing another system hair base which is replacing the bald system hair base. Take a look at the inventory folder where your alpha layers are located and see if one of them is a hair base and simply dont wear it. You will sometimes get more alphas than you actually need.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
56 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Seductress1234, this thread is six years old, and the Lumiya viewer hasn't been supported for at least that long. It's as dead as canasta.

Yes, this... If one does play with lumiya, it's a hassle to change avatars. My suggestion is if you mess with that viewer, plan for it. If you also play via PC, switch to a system avi before logging off. Also use system clothing. Don't change your outfit while on lumiya, that's what I do.

Better off waiting for the upcoming Unity based LL mobile viewer, or use speedlight.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.