my card is declined!!

Jhoxh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Goodnight.

I have a problem when registering my card in my account, complete the form and tells me that everything is fine but when I give it to finish the operation I refuse the registration of my card.

It should be noted that I had already registered that card twice before that account without problems  but now it does not let me ... the problem is that I need to make the transaction directly from that account and not another. .. the card has no balance at zero as to think that the registration would charge me 1 dollar but you can pay without problems.

Help me!! Y_Y

6 answers to this question

It's hard to tell from what you have said, but I am going to guess that the card is either a debit card or a prepaid card or some kind -- possibly a card issued by your bank.  If so, it may have once been acceptable in Second Life, but not for a couple of years. If you received a new card recently, so that you had to re-submit it to Linden Lab, they would have denied it today. Debit cards and prepaid cards are not acceptable.

• Administrators

Hey there Jhoxh!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems adding a payment method to your account. If you have not done so already, you may want to review this page for a list of all payment methods that are accepted depending on what country you're in:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/list-of-accepted-payment-methods-by-country-r1396/

There's also some handy dandy information regarding Billing and adding payment methods on this page as well:

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/billing-r11/#Section__2

If you're still unable to add a payment method you can always submit a Support Case and one of our Billing Agents will be able to review the issue further for you. You can do so by visiting this link: (https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/) or alternatively, you can call one of our Billing support numbers (Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067 or Long-Distance: 703.286.6277)

19 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

Kristin, are you sure that list is correct and current? There seems to have been many people saying paysafecard doesnt work any more and Skrill will only do money from a bank account.

I'd hate to see people spending real life money on a paysafe card on your advice, and the lab not accepting it, leaving them in the lurch

Examples: 

many many many mnay many more threads saying that paysafecards don't work, despite the information you just link. Maybe they are all old themselves now?

Which is why I ask clarification on this one point. Paysafecard yes/no?

Edited by Callum Meriman

• Administrators
On 9/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, Callum Meriman said:

Kristin, are you sure that list is correct and current? There seems to have been many people saying paysafecard doesnt work any more and Skrill will only do money from a bank account.

I'd hate to see people spending real life money on a paysafe card on your advice, and the lab not accepting it, leaving them in the lurch

Examples: 

many many many mnay many more threads saying that paysafecards don't work, despite the information you just link. Maybe they are all old themselves now?

Which is why I ask clarification on this one point. Paysafecard yes/no?

Hey Callum,

Thank you for the excellent question! I'll double check to confirm that the information is correct on these pages just in case there have been minor changes that weren't updated. To my knowledge that list should be up to date, but it certainly never hurts to check :)

Also, as always, if you ever have a question about a particular payment method and if you can use it in your country you can always contact Support and a billing agent will be able to assist further.

**Update**

After doing some checking around, the list of Payment Methods by country is indeed up to date. Though it's important to note that PaySafeCard can not be used on its own, and but it can be used with Skrill if it's marked as available for your country under the Paypal/Skrill part of that table.

Edited by Kristin Linden
i kan type gud; Update

Jhoxh,

Many debit cards that used to work in SL are no longer accepted.  The user generally finds this out when the card is renewed and they go to register the card with the new expiration date.  

If you do not have a major credit card that is accepted for SL, you can generally still find a solution.  Make a PayPal or Skrill account, and "verify" (back up) the account with a Real Life bank account, following the procedures on the PayPal or Skrill websites.  Then deposit some money from your bank to the online account, and be sure to keep enough money there to pay for your Second Life expenses.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.