How to add my wife on my mainland property so she can rezz furniture?

Gustov Chesnokov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to being a premium member so new to how the land is managed. I have had land before on the outside and was able to add tenants as it is to the land. With my home as a premium member I have not been able to find how to add tenants. I cannot find a rental meter or any instructions how to add my wife. 

How do I add my wife so she can rezz in our home. Also while I am asking, is there any security to keep people out that just pop in unwanted?

What I have done so friends or family can rezz on my mainland property is: I created a group (with my alt as co-owner), set the land to the group, gave build rights only to group members, and then assigned family either to officer role, or the everyone role (depending on how many of the other land rights I wanted the person to have).   You can also create custom roles so you can create custom role names if you want (for example, I created a role called 'kiddo' for my niece).  Creating a group does cost 100 L and you do need to have at least 2 people in the group (owner plus 1 other).

As far as keeping unwanted people out, I currently do not have anything in place to prevent that (and haven't had so many problems that it is an issue).  However, you can use the 'access' tab on the 'about land' to restrict access.  Removing public access does put up 'ban lines' around the property which are pretty ugly to look at (though I think turning off seeing ban lines is something people can do in their viewer).  Another option is using a security orb (which can be purchased through the marketplace).  I've never used one, but if you do, you need to make sure its range doesn't extend pass your own parcel boundaries, and it's good to give an avatar 10 - 15 seconds to leave (in case they accidently crossed over into the parcel) before ejecting them.  

You might want to take a look at: 

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups-r48/  

and

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-your-parcel-r49/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.