Looking for Help Blender: rigging a mesh boot

Trudi Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, my english may sound not that perfect, i'm sorry for that! But anyway...ill'try to explain the problem..

Time ago i've finished modeling this ankle boot in Blender. I'm now using the latest version. I have this issue with the rigging process.

I've been following many tutorials but it seems i can't proceed myself, so i'm asking you for some advice.

When i rigg the boot (as shown in this video tutorial), the boot itself starts to deform uglily,  bending with the toes if i move them while into pose mode... Q)Is  there a way to exclude the toe bones for not making the boot bend and deform? so it just bend at the ankle as it should? I've tried to remove weight manually and to lock the toe bone, and foot bone from the group vertex panel but did not work.

I've been modeling the boots into many separated parts, as u can see, a main mesh goes for the boot and heel, sole, zipper etc are other separate meshes. Q) Did i do well or it needs to be modeled all just from a unique mesh piece?

I'm working with the Fitted Mesh Kit by Machinimatrix, would u suggest me to try avastar instead?

Thanks in advance

▪Also attached some pics of a simple boot test with just a mesh, see the toes?

rigging test.jpg

rigging test2.jpg

rigging.jpg

Senza titolo-1.jpg

Senza titolo2.jpg

Edited by Trudi Andel
corrected text

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.