facotaco

Can't acces adult rated stuff?

Question

I can't access or see anything with the Adult rating, which a lot of stuff in SL is so I would like it enabled, also considering I'm well over 18 years old.

In my preferences in SL, I have it set to "show me general, moderate, and adult"

I have asked friends and they said it should work, so I came here for some help, thanks!

5 answers to this question

Access what?

If you want to access Adult items in Marketplace, you need to use the dropdown menu at thge top of the Marketplace page to indicate your selection preference.

If you want to access Adult items in Search, you need to check the Maturity boxes in the upper left corner of that window.

If you want to access many Adult areas in world, you need to be at least 30 days old in SL. You've been around in SL since 2011, so you meet that requirement, but many Adult landowners have other requirements, as Alwin said.  They may require that you have Payment Information On File, for example. Those are all restrictions to keep griefers out (at least the ones that are hard to trace).

If none of those situations match your concern, submit a support case to get Linden Lab's help in sorting things out.

23 minutes ago, facotaco said:

I can't access or see anything with the Adult rating, which a lot of stuff in SL is so I would like it enabled, also considering I'm well over 18 years old.

In my preferences in SL, I have it set to "show me general, moderate, and adult"

I have asked friends and they said it should work, so I came here for some help, thanks!

if you are sure about your settings, contact support.

It also could be the sims you want to go require payment info or other things you don't qualify for .. LL can't do anything about that...

In the marketplace it resets go general and moderate every time, in SL itself adult places seem to work fine now, but the Marketplace refuses to let me click on anything adult rated.

19 minutes ago, facotaco said:

In the marketplace it resets go general and moderate every time, in SL itself adult places seem to work fine now, but the Marketplace refuses to let me click on anything adult rated.

if you only look in MP and aren't logged in, it will always show only general items, perhaps check if you'r logged in?