Downgrade Membership Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not at all sure where to ask this forgive me if it's not in the right place. About a few weeks to a month I upgraded my account but now my RL is getting hectic and i'm not sure if I can stay on SL much longer. I was just wondering if I dowgrade would I be refunded for what I have not used up? Or Not? Just wanted to ask before doing anything. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Penny.

nope, no refund.

if you do downgrade to avoid your next payment, make sure you have gotten rid of all the land that might have kept you above the level you want to downgrade to, BEFORE you downgrade... and always downgrade before you remove your payment information if going back to basic.

Well, it's already a sunk cost so whether you keep on using Second Life or go back to reality, the $72 is, sadly, gone. Whether it's "wasted" or not is all relative, but I suppose if you see it as $6 per month and you've only used a month, then you will feel as if you've flushed $66 down the toilet! Worst case - pop back in once a month just to see what's happening ;)

i just upgraded myself back to premium hehehe..i forgot all about the stripend..someone told me i would not get the same as i used to get and would more than likely just get the 300 like everyone else..

still getting the 400 like i did when i first opened it..so that was kind of neat hehehe

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit worrying here.

I downgraded my account. And it will be downgraded somewhere in august.

(I did months ago)

Now they tell me they bill me in july.

Anybody has experience, that they won't bill me for a whole year?

The avie doesn't have any land or contributed land.

• 4 years later...

JuliaKloeckner wrote:

I want to downgrade from premium membership to basic. They tell me i can`t own land, I have to give up my land. But how? there is no option to release it. Anybody had that problem before?

You can abandon your land by going into the Land feature inworld and clicking the 'Abandon Land' button on the first tab.

EDIT:  I assume you mean Linden land.  Not all land in SL is linden land.  If you have land on a private region, you can keep it and still have a basic membership.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.