Unblock not Saved

Gaemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, im using firestorm 5.0.7 (52912) version. couple of days ago by mistake i blocked my partner. of course unblocked her but when i am re logging back blocking remains. i asked help from FS support group and they told me to try unblock her in Hippo Hollow sim. So i did but still the issue remained. they advised me after that to  use SL viewer and if issue still remains to contact with Linden Lab. I tried sl viewer  but this unwanted block still remains. After that I deleted all my whole block list if this solve the issue and the only person i see as blocked still is her.

Thnx for your help guys

2 answers to this question

Besides the sweet detail that you mostly get user responses on here and very rarely a direct reply from a Linden:

what kind of "blocking" are we talking about?

You mentioned the phrase "see as blocked" ... do you mean that you cannot receive any kind of conversation from your partner? Or do you mean that your partner literally doesn't render on your end, because you derendered and perhaps blacklisted her?

I never checked if a derendered and blacklisted avatar also stays that way on the official viewer, but in general, blocking as in muting an avatar or as in derender/blacklisting them are two independent lists.

It sounds like you are suffering from https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7550

As far as I'm aware, LL support cannot fix this problem but a JIRA Linden should be able to remove this stuck block for you.
You should file a JIRA issue reporting the problem here: https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

You need to give the stuck name on your block list on the JIRA issue.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.