Convert standard clothing to rigged mesh clothing?

Cheeeks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

If it's standard-sized mesh clothing you are talking about, then there's no need to convert anything. Lots of standard-size clothing can be made fit a mesh body with a bit of work. You use a combination of adjusting your shape and setting alpha cuts in the mesh body HUD. The system I use for setting up an outfit is to make a copy of my mesh body parts and my shape, wear the copies and adjust them, and include those copies in the outfit. Then any time you wear the outfit, it fits your mesh body with no adjustment needed.

However if you are talking about texture clothing ("painted-on" clothes like underwear) then it can't be used unless your clothing package includes an applier compatible with your mesh body or with Omega. It is not difficult to make appliers yourself if you have the original texture, but that is very rare.

Edited by angeoco

The answer is depends... yes in some cases no in others.

I made a bra and shortie panties for my classic avatar body years ago, still in the marketplace. Not long ago I converted the set for use with my Slink Mesh Body. I could do that because I have access to the original textures. I put those textures in an Applier. Pesto, converted.

Could you have converted my bra and panty set? No. As the the textures were no copy. You could have hacked the system and stolen them, but you would have no legal or normal way to convert the set.

So, it depends on what you have access to.

• Thanks 1

From textures to a 3D model would indeed be ... well, a stupid load of work.

But something else would make much more sense: converting system texture clothes to texture appliers for mesh bodies.
The only letdown: not many creators do it. And even for personal use, you aren't allowed to attempt to make your own appliers, because you cannot legally obtain access to the texture UUIDs needed for that process.

If you are extremely lucky, the creator of your favourite clothes might offer applier updates (check their stores!) or they might be up for the idea if you ask them really nicely.
For example, I know of League, who put out applier updates for older system clothing.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.