RLV not being detected on Firestorm Although checked

Gaudior771

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi excuse me. I have an RLV hood, and Firestorm. and it is not always detecting that RLV is on when I login, saying it is a non RLV viewer when the RLV is clearly checked in it. Is it possible that the hood object itself is not reading the RLV every time? It seems to happen when I first login after a long while. But then when I relog in the problem seems to clear up. I would appreciate any feedback on the subject.

I havn't looked at the item in question but I do know a number of hood/blindfold makers have hitched their carts firmly to Marine Kelly's RLV viewer, with its 'vision spheres', and simply do not support RLVa used in FS/Catznip/BlackDragon at all.

Basically they went with the option for unrealistic blindfolds on a less popular system, and turned their back on the bulk of the market.

It's worth noting that Marine's own RLV/RLVa blindfolds have a dual system that works in both implementations. She's far too canny to abandon the majority of her customers.

• Like 1

According to the RLV api

when logging in, the on_rez event of all the attachments occurs way before the avatar can actually send chat messages (about half the way through the login progress bar). This means the timeout should be long enough, like 30 seconds to one minute in order to receive the automatic reply from the viewer.

and I think most people who use RLV are used to their collars and whatnot now and again complaining, whatever viewer they use, that they don't have RLV turned on even though they do.   If the attachment works, then don't worry.    It's simply a case of whoever wrote the code not allowing a sufficiently long time-out before sending that erroneous message.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.