Banned from Region

JustSome12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

20 answers to this question

If you have actually been banned from a region, the only person who can lift the ban is the region owner (or a trusted delegate).  I wonder how you know that you have been banned, though?  Have you ever been there before, or to any other region owned by that person?  If not, then it's more likely that you are simply blocked for some generic reason: you are underage, you do not have a payment method on file, you are not on the region's whitelist ...  In your particular case, you may just be blocked because you were born on August 17 and are trying to get into an Adult region.  Most owners of Adult regions block everyone who has been in SL for less than a month.  It's an easy way to keep the nastiest griefers out.  So wait a week and try again.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JustSome12 said:

When I try to teleport, I get the message that I am banned. And I don't know who to ask to lift the ban. I think I was banned because my SL account is new and I didn't wait for a month.

As Rolig said, a lot of places have a restriction for under 1 month old, 2 months, 30 days, all different dates.  If its an age restriction, it will be lifted as soon as your avatar reaches that age.

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If its an age restriction, it will be lifted as soon as your avatar reaches that age.

Yes, but if the message actually uses the word "banned", that's a deliberate, personal action, not just a generic age barrier.  If you really were banned, you must have done something to tick off the landowner.  Probably a good idea to find somewhere else to hang around.

• Like 1

Estate managers make mistakes. Whether you did something to get yourself banned, were there at the wrong time, or just have a name similar to someone else that was misbehaving doesn't matter. You got banned. 

You can look up the region owner. Than check their profile to see how they prefer to be contacted. Contact them and ask to be unbanned. I won't give you much hope for that working. It didn't work for me. Estate managers generally ban and forget. So, while they do not remember you are why you were banned, they aren't going to take a chance on you.

However, if the place is reasonably busy, their ban list will fill and people will start dropping off the list. Eventually, you have access. It may take 3 to 6 months.

Otherwise, forget the place and go somewhere else.

• Confused 1

Just now, SenSL said:

Yesterday I was banned from a [redacted] Club for no reason.

You need to remove the name from your post. you cannot name and shame in the forums. 

A club owner or any landowner can ban anyone from their land for whatever reason they wish as they pay for it.  Linden Lab will not get involved in resident disputes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SenSL said:

Yesterday I was banned from a sim for no reason.

So don't even think of trying to go back there again. As Cindy says, the club owner doesn't need to give you a reason, or even have one. Read your TOS (Sect 3): "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you. "

15 minutes ago, SenSL said:

Yesterday I was banned from a [redactedClub for no reason.

As Cindy mentioned, landowners have the right to ban whomever they want, for whatever reason.

However, there are a lot of clubs in SL, so just move on and try out some other clubs.  When you arrive at the landing point, wait for things to rez and look around to see if there are any signs about rules for that particular club or location.  If you find that you are often getting banned from places, then you might want to reflect on your behavior, in case you are doing something that is likely to upset others or get yourself banned.  

40 minutes ago, SenSL said:

Yesterday I was banned from a sim for no reason.

Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

Banning is generally not forever. Unless you made a memorable transgression that REALLY caught their attention. As things are most clubs have ban lists that fill up. Then the first in on the list are the first to age out of the list. So, in a couple of months are more you'll drop out of the ban list.

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

Banning is generally not forever. Unless you made a memorable transgression that REALLY caught their attention. As things are most clubs have ban lists that fill up. Then the first in on the list are the first to age out of the list. So, in a couple of months are more you'll drop out of the ban list.

Oh yeah, I just notice that?

Edited by SenSL

9 minutes ago, SenSL said:

Oh yeah, I just notice that?

You have only been in SL for a day.  That particular club is a formal place.  They most likely have a formal dress code.  If you weren't in the correct attire then that could explain the ban and I am sure it will likely be lifted if you follow their sim rules next time

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You have only been in SL for a day.  That particular club is a formal place.  They most likely have a formal dress code.  If you weren't in the correct attire then that could explain the ban and I am sure it will likely be lifted if you follow their sim rules next time

Thank you, I really apologize!

Edited by SenSL
  • Like 1

For me? i got banned at WWII Central and SLFF since i doing against rules several times on the 4 years ago. and I used the Modern Weapons against WWII Weapon to gain wining advantage and I asked sim owner and admin. It's said "Appeal DENIED" I think I was a bad person. and I'm regret my decision to follow these rules of sim!

1 hour ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

For me? i got banned at WWII Central and SLFF since i doing against rules several times on the 4 years ago. and I used the Modern Weapons against WWII Weapon to gain wining advantage and I asked sim owner and admin. It's said "Appeal DENIED" I think I was a bad person. and I'm regret my decision to follow these rules of sim!

2018 ..not so relevant anymore (this isn't a discussion section but "answers")

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rjassassin46 said:

Please unbann me

zero context to where you are banned and you did not provide any information,  if it's from LL the makers of SL, you will need to contact support,  if it was some one's land,  they can ban you for any reason at all and never have to undo the ban.

• Like 1

This is a resident to resident public forum. Lindens rarely come here and they never address personal issues here.  If you were banned from a specific region, you'll have to take it up with the owner of the region.  Nobody else can help you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.