No Main Server Restarts?

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK

So we have no response to last Wednesday's unfortunate consequences to the Roll on Magnum RC.  No real surprise there for those of us who have been around for a while.

This week again we have no roll to Main Server and here there IS a problem:  Many Main Server sims, certainly the older servers that Mainland seems to run NEED a regular restart to keep them running properly.  without them we see poor script-run performance and slow rezzing of prims OR mesh.  Not to mention the sims are badly affected by TPs or logins or out.  Now I understood that LL realised there was a need for these restarts on at least a fortnightly basis, some need restarts almost daily.  So now two weeks will soon have passed since the last Main Server sims were restarted.  This is breaking your own set of standards LL.  Not good.

I won't be the first to yell because my Homestead seems to be on a nice new server and is only lightly loaded anyway, but others, MANY others will not be so fortunate.  Again I say, NOT GOOD.

Edit to Add:

Well well, I log in again at 10:30 pm UK time and I see there WILL be restarts to Main Server after all.  A silly error of omission, of course!  (I can do you a bulk deal on Shrek ears if you like).

Edited by Ayesha Askham
Additional information

I saw it on the Twitter feed

After the new server roll-out last week I'll be unsurprised if there's no version change, but they seem to use the same standard wording, whether it's new code or not. Still time for more detail to be posted in the forum before knocking off time, but it does make me wonder if too much attention is being devoted to Sansar, and routine SL stuff is being missed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.