Doll Skins?

AngelOfHarlots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm pretty new I would say? Like 2 weeks? But I had an account before for years but sadly lost all my information and couldn't recover it. And I'm working on getting a SL job as well as a RL one. But I wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get freebie doll skins?  Besides Livingtree. I also couldn't find 1920's Berlin like another forum suggested. Yes, I tried the marketplace as well. All demos. If you know any marketplace stores that have them that would be a big help also. I'm working on making my avi a Lolita type so if you have anything on Lolita things feel free to suggest those too :3.

I'm not sure about free doll skins, but SongBird sells a tattoo layer/omega applier that gives doll joints (and optional cracks) to any skin you may already have. It's only L$175 so it's not that expensive, especially if you'll be using it a lot. 

If you're using a mesh body you can use any skin you already enjoy and turn your shininess sliders all the way up to give it the appearance of glass. Combine that with the doll applier mentioned above and you already have a great base for a doll avatar. 

I actually made a broken doll a while ago, you can see her in the attached file. She's one of my favorite avatars. I went for the creepy vibe with her, but you can make a pretty, unbroken doll with the tattoo layer too. You can get a more in depth look at her (more pics, info on the skin I used under the tattoo layer, etc) in the blog post about her.

As far as Lolita products, I know a ton exist but I don't know the best place to snag them. I'd keep an eye out for events with cutesy or Japan/anime themes, they tend to bring in a lot of Lolita stuff.

Doll_004crop.png

Edited by Asia Ristow
Fixed a typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.