Looking for clarification and information.

Teagan Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, I bought a mesh body.  Now looking for clothing and I know I need to look for clothing for my brand of body.  What I have run into is this, I try on, say, a pair of jeans, and if I stand still they fit.  But if I move my hips poke through the waist of the pants, and no, an alpha cut here would not look right or even work.
And some clothing / pants I have tried do not act this way, they fit even when I move.
On one item I bought the piece made for my brand body fits exactly like the best size fit mesh fits my body, with both sizes my hips poke through the waist of the pants if I move.  Yet I have other pants for my body brand I have bought and no matter how I move my hips do not poke through the waist of the pants.

Are some creators slapping “body brand name” on fit mesh and thinking its all the same, or, is it all the same?

For items to fit I thought, they had to be rigged to the mesh body brand, or fitted to the mesh brand of body, and not the underlying LL body, I am not sure of the terminology even.
I don't think I can be putting the clothing on wrong, so how is mesh clothing for mesh bodies suppose to work, am I correct that items need to be fitted to or rigged to the correct body for them to fit correctly?  And if that were not the case then why so many different sizes?
Or is the problem with me somehow.
I like the mesh body I bought but some times I think I may have just wasted a lot of money.

34 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Are some creators slapping “body brand name” on fit mesh and thinking its all the same, or, is it all the same

no it's not all the same..  the one fitmesh isn't the other, and for sure not with the older fitmesh items... those don't fit at all often.

Be safe and stick to the specific made clothes for your brand, btw you could mention the brand, it makes it a lot easier to point to possible advice.

And... it can;t be said enough : DEMO DEMO DEMO... even when the creator uses the brand logo.

That you don't need your alphacuts for some is most likely because they added those to the clothes itself. (autohide)

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And... it can;t be said enough : DEMO DEMO DEMO... even when the creator uses the brand logo.

This!  I have been caught a couple times being lazy and not getting a demo because I expected (hoped)  that with the logo of my mesh body on the clothes  that it would just fit.  They didn't so I mainly stick to certain stores now that I know will just fit straight out the box.

• Like 1

There are unfortunately a lot of creators that SAY things are made for a certain mesh body but they apparently do not have the creator kit as they definitely don't.

ALWAYS TRY THE DEMO.  That is like the second rule of SL clothing --- well maybe the first :D

• Like 1

All I can say is DEMO DEMO DEMO.. period...  if there is not demo I will not buy  period..  no guess work, the demo either fits or it doesn't and if it does't then for sure I am not buying.  It is a shame to only stick to a few designers that you trust,  because there really is Soo much out there!  And with some of the lesser known labels you may be missing out on some great stuff.  BUT even with the trusted brands,  you can still get a mesh that doesn't fit quite right.. so again DEMO first!! Always.. and that way you don't waste money.

Has anyone said you need to be sure and demo first? :)

2 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Are some creators slapping “body brand name” on fit mesh and thinking its all the same, or, is it all the same?

It is more like some creators have an "unofficial guide" for the body brand that doesn't quite work 100%.  Also, there could be problems with how the mesh faces are rigged even in different pants made by the same creator.  Some may indeed slap a logo on old fit mesh knowing full well it is not all the same but I think those are the rare exception.  

No demo; no sale; no exception. 

Yes demo, demo, demo.  And for the mesh body I bought I find it even more important.  I found a store with a fairly good number of ad boards with my body listed.  I got a demo and was surprised that there was no demo for my body, most of the other mesh bodies are there but not my body, its listed on the ad board but there is no demo.
I sent a note card to the store owner and have not even received a reply from her.  I was polite and only asked, was it left out or just not available.  Looking around her store most of the ad boards listing my body did not have a demo for my body.  So if I had not got a demo and just bought the item I doubt I would have received a refund, LOL I have not even gotten a simple reply to a note card and its been almost a week.
Then I started looking at more stores, same thing in a couple I looked at.
This makes getting a demo even more important, and if there is no demo, run away as fast as you can.

So much for my delving into the realm of mesh avatars, its a good thing I really like my classic avatar because I'm not spending that much money again on one of them.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2017 at 7:36 PM, Teagan Tobias said:

I don't think I can be putting the clothing on wrong, so how is mesh clothing for mesh bodies suppose to work, am I correct that items need to be fitted to or rigged to the correct body for them to fit correctly?  And if that were not the case then why so many different sizes?

I see that a lot and I don't like it either. When I demo a top for Belleza Venus and it's 2x my chest size... yeah no, that's not fitted for Belleza Venus. So it really depends on creators.

On 15/09/2017 at 1:08 AM, Teagan Tobias said:

I got a demo and was surprised that there was no demo for my body, most of the other mesh bodies are there but not my body, its listed on the ad board but there is no demo.

Yeah I've this too. New creators have decided to boycott Belleza Venus and make fitmesh clothings only for Belleza Isis or Belleza Freya. However, since both Isis and Freya are from Belleza, then these creators do show the Belleza logo but they do nothing for Belleza Venus.

16 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Morgan, just to be clear, I am saying the body brand is on the ad board but nothing at all for the body is in the demo, nothing, zero, zip, nothing at all.

Its like advertising a Porsche but selling you a bicycle.

DEMO DEMO DEMO

Yes this is most frustrating to be sure!  and MOST sellers do not do that sort of thing...  perhaps it was an oversight on her/his part.  I have had that happen before, and I sent a polite note card to the creator asking if somehow the one for my body got omitted from the box accidentally..  and as it turns out that was indeed the case.  She was most appreciative of my bringing it to her attention.  So if you have not contacted him/her I suggest you do that.  If you get no reply, or in fact it was not an oversight, then I would most definitely let him/her know that you don't appreciate false advertising and would be most likely to NOT make any kind of purchase in his or her store.  

5 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Morgan, just to be clear, I am saying the body brand is on the ad board but nothing at all for the body is in the demo, nothing, zero, zip, nothing at all.

Its like advertising a Porsche but selling you a bicycle.

DEMO DEMO DEMO

I see this only on 'old' mesh clothings, those before we got fitmesh and when to adjust a shape was enough to make a mesh clothing compatible with a meshbody then a creator would state that his mesh clothings are compatible with this or that meshbody. I avoid this kind of mesh clothings and outdated advertisings so I can't really tell more about how it may or may not be compatible with a meshbody.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.