Dance balls, machines, rezzers etc.

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need to set up a dance area at my club. I've been looking at everything on the marketplace such as Chimera and Intan. The problem is that they use so much 'In' language, I can't make out what it is I'm supposed to buy to make it all work.

I want a system that will do couples, and single dancers without having to put an actual floor down or have poseballs cluttering up the place.

Can someone tell me the basics of how these dance balls work so I can make an educated choice on which to buy?

3 answers to this question

I am not sure what you mean by "In" language. Anyhow, a dance machine or chimera will make an avatar dance by using dances you have purchased seperatly and added them to its contents. Couples dances are different, for this the device will have to rez temp poseballs for each avi. For the most part dances are always sold seperatly. However you can search for Itan for the couples dances and I do believe it comes with some animations on it. For singles dances you may try 3FX, Animazoo, and other dance animations stores, they all also sell some sort of dance machine you can purchase. You can use any animation from any store on any dance machine. The dance floor is a whole seprate thing you will also have to purchase if you want to or make your own.

• Sad 1

They all work in slightly different ways, but mostly there will be demo versions at the store, take a friend with you so that you can test them effectively and see which one suits you best.

For example with Intan you click it and it sends the pink & blue balls to where you are standing in the room and after 2 people are on them you click it again to get the menu choice of dances. Others work by having a central dance ball that animates your avatar to dance just by clicking it and not needing to actually sit on balls at all.

One is not better than another, they are just different and will contain different dances, some you can add your own dances which may also be something you may wish to do.

Intan is a system, and a very good one, that rezzes poseballs for couples dances all over a sim, if you want.   You touch a remote unit -- which can be anything that contains one of the copiable Intan remote scripts, and this gives you a menu of the couples dances you've loaded into the main unit.   The main unit, which can be hidden anywhere, then delivers a pair of posealls to where the toucher is.   The couple jump on and and off they go, tripping the light fantastic.  They delete themselves when you get off.  

The system doesn't, as far as I recall, come with any dances, but the great thing about it is that you only need to buy one copy of each dance you want  in order to animate as many people as want to dance it.    So it's ideal for large clubs.    It supports couples dances from most of the main animators, and isn't too difficult to set up, so long you're good at reading instructions and following them carefully.   Otherwise Intan can recommend trained people who will install your dances for you for a very reasonable fee.

Danceballs, of which there are many, are good for individual dancers.   Again, you only need one copy of each dance to animate multiple people.   Basic idea is you touch the big dance ball (typically it's rezzed well overhead) and it offers you a menu of dances from which to choose.

So an ideal set-up for you would be an Intan for couples and two dance balls for singles, one with men's dances and one with women's.  

The only thing to watch out for is that you buy singles dance balls that are capable of delivering different dances to different people at the same time (unless it's a line-dancing club or something!). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.