Medhue Simoni

Animated Objects in Sansar

44 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Are you using skeletal animations just like Animesh will be using in Secondlife?

Nope! In the latest Sansar release, animated/Keyframed objects were included. I simply took my Buddha statue and fractured it using Cell Fracturing in Blender. Then I set up a little physics scene in Blender and let the cells fall how they may, and then baked that simulation into keyframes. There's a bit more to it, but not much.

Edited by Medhue Simoni

3 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Is child link keyframe motion supported in Sansar unlike in SL?

Yes, I'm not sure they need to be parented tho, but mine is in this example.

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

What about keyframe scaling?

Not sure, the release just came out on Friday night. I spent a total of 20 minutes doing the simulation/animation this morning, and another 2 hours figuring out how to export it so Sansar would read it properly.

5 hours ago, Medhue Simoni said:

bd4221322131a31f4f8b1ee64b759881.gif

I can do the same thing in second life by turning physics on and unlinking a building. This is what we've been waiting for for so long? 

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

What about keyframe scaling?

Just tried it, only translation, and rotation worked. It also is continuously looping the animation....

On 9/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I can do the same thing in second life by turning physics on and unlinking a building. This is what we've been waiting for for so long? 

Since you're obviously not interested in Sansar, why are you waiting for anything?

3 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Since you're obviously not interested in Sansar, why are you waiting for anything?

I didn't say I was waiting for it , I said what we (ie everyone) are waiting for.

Theresa  I hate to burst your bubble, but Sansar is going to be a terrible letdown for everyone, except me of course, because i don't care.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added to the last line

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I didn't say I was waiting for it , I said what we (ie everyone) are waiting for.

Theresa  I hate to burst your bubble, but Sansar is going to be a terrible letdown for everyone.

How can a person saying the word "we" not include themselves? And wouldn't a terrible letdown for "everyone" include you? That's the way the English language works.

Personally, I'm neutral about Sansar depending on how it develops. However, unlike some people I'm realistic about the internal flaws of Second Life that can't be practically fixed without destroying much of what it is currently, and I'm not actively cheering for Sansar's failure.

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

How can a person saying the word "we" not include themselves? And wouldn't a terrible letdown for "everyone" include you? That's the way the English language works.

Personally, I'm neutral about Sansar depending on how it develops. However, unlike some people I'm realistic about the internal flaws of Second Life that can't be practically fixed without destroying much of what it is currently, and I'm not actively cheering for Sansar's failure.

"we" is easier than saying "everyone but me", and it can't be a letdown for me, because  I have no expectation for Sansar.  

Your hopes can't be dashed if you have no interest in the matter.

I'm not sure what flaws of SL you are referring to, it seems to work fine most of the time for me. 

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

"we" is easier than saying "everyone but me", and it can't be a letdown for me, because  I have no expectation for Sansar.  

Your hopes can't be dashed if you have no interest in the matter.

I'm not sure what flaws of SL you are referring to, it seems to work fine most of the time for me. 

If you have no interest in a matter, why post about it at all?

(I can't write down a reply to your last sentence because I don't know how to translate into words the look of bemused incredulity on my face when I read it.)

4 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you have no interest in a matter, why post about it at all?

(I can't write down a reply to your last sentence because I don't know how to translate into words the look of bemused incredulity on my face when I read it.)

You did sweetie

But if SL is such a horrible experience for you, I can certainly understand you pinning all your hopes on this great new world hosted by Linden Lab. Except, its not a world at all

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line at the end

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

But if SL is such a horrible experience for you, I can certainly understand you pinning all your hopes on this great new world hosted by Linden Lab. Except, its not a world at all

Another thing that I can do that some other people seemingly can't is admit that something I like has flaws.

I like Second Life.

It has flaws.

The flaws are embedded in it's underlying structure.

I like it anyway.

The fact that something I like has flaws doesn't make me feel inadequate or defensive, and I'm open to the possibility that I might also like something different that didn't have those flaws. Odd, I know...

7 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Another thing that I can do that some other people seemingly can't is admit that something I like has flaws.

I like Second Life.

It has flaws.

The flaws are embedded in it's underlying structure.

I like it anyway.

The fact that something I like has flaws doesn't make me feel inadequate or defensive, and I'm open to the possibility that I might also like something different that didn't have those flaws. Odd, I know...

Sansar is not going to be the perfection of writing computer code. It will have flaws, limits, and brick walls like you complain about in Second Life.

I looked at a bunch of pictures of Sansar from someones Sansar blog, and thought, really, this is it? Sansar looks a lot like second life, except the avatars are uglier.

And the post about the terrain editing tool for an experience, Its just like second Life.

Sansar isn't the promised land, but you'll just have to see that for yourself. 

38 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Sansar is not going to be the perfection of writing computer code. It will have flaws, limits, and brick walls like you complain about in Second Life.

I looked at a bunch of pictures of Sansar from someones Sansar blog, and thought, really, this is it? Sansar looks a lot like second life, except the avatars are uglier.

And the post about the terrain editing tool for an experience, Its just like second Life.

When have I ever said Sansar will be the promised land?

Yes, it will have flaws, limits and brick walls, but they will be different from the ones in Second Life, meaning that it will be good for different things.

54 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Yes, it will have flaws, limits and brick walls, but they will be different from the ones in Second Life, meaning that it will be good for different things.

On that I agree with you 100% 

On 9/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, Medhue Simoni said:

In the full animation, the statue forms back together and then the animation starts again.

That is very cool, Medhue, even if you are doing it to the poor Buddha ;0
But maybe he's teaching the impermanence of life? :)

When you place it in a Sansar experience does it always do that continuously, or can you script it yet so the action only happens when one approaches it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The terrain editing tool will be much better than the one we have in SL as we will have greater control in customizing it (for example, you can paint the terrain in Sansar). There are other advantages too.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

The terrain editing tool will be much better than the one we have in SL as we will have greater control in customizing it (for example, you can paint the terrain in Sansar). There are other advantages too.

I'm sure the advantages for creating your own version of virtual reality will be many. When you get tired of creating, come visit us in Second Life.

:)