Over 7 million Lindens worth of sales not paid out from SL Marketplace

Cracker Hax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have over $30,000 USD in sales that were never paid out to me from SL Marketplace. Has anybody else had problems not being paid for sales? Did Linden Labs give you the run-around? Did you have to call an attorney?

According to SL Marketplace I have sold one item over 500 times, with a 15,000L price tag (a big pack of full perm animations). I never got paid for those. I downloaded my entire payout history in CSV file and none of these sales have entries. I haven't even checked my other items. Pretty sure there are several others I was never paid for as well.

Edited by Cracker Hax

37 minutes ago, Cracker Hax said:

I have sold one item over 500 times, with a 15,000L price tag

I find it unlikely that there's that many people willing to pay that kind of money for 67 fp anims, especially old anims, for any legitimate purpose.

Just a guess, but it could be that a lot of your '500 sales' at 15k a pop of a full perm item, particularly a transferable item, were by phishers using stolen accounts and stolen money, to buy stuff they can offload elsewhere for laundered 'legal lindens' they can then cash out.

If that is the case, then LL wouldn't have allowed you to keep the lindens payed for the product, as they were stolen from other accounts.

That would clearly explain the number of unpayed transactions. That, and you not bothering to check your store for a damn long time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Just a guess, but it could be that a lot of your '500 sales' at 15k a pop of a full perm item, particularly a transferable item, were by phishers using stolen accounts and stolen money, to buy stuff they can offload elsewhere for laundered 'legal lindens' they can then cash out.

If that's the case, it looks like I will be going to court because that's not my problem.

2 minutes ago, Cracker Hax said:

If that's the case, it looks like I will be going to court because that's not my problem.

If you wish to waste another $30,000 on failed litigation, by all means do so, but before you pay a lawyer to tell you this, I'll tell you for FREE.

If you ran a store in FirstLife, selling Rolex Watches, at $15000 a pop, and Billy-Bob Bunghole the Boston Bank Bandit, ran in with a large canvas money bag, labeled 'Federal Reserve', and pulled stacks of fresh $100 bills, still in the wrappers, and said...

"I'll take 2... Heres the cash"...

If that happened... Do you REALLY think the cops would let you keep the money? Or that screaming "Stolen money? Not MY problem..." would allow you to win a lawsuit against the original owners of the stolen cash?

Or... Do you think the first cop you complained to would slap you silly with a baton, cuff you and drag you to the court house on "Receiving Stolen Goods" and "Money Laundering" charges?

LL have no reliable method for proving that YOU are not a 'legitimate business alt' of Phrank the Phisher, the notorious account stealer.

There is NO way anybody gets to keep obviously stolen money, in SecondLife.

LL certainly didn't make you any enforceable legal promises regarding you having the 'right' to make $30,000 for being offline for the last 5 or 10 years. You have no case.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Klytyna said:

If you wish to waste another $30,000 on failed litigation, by all means do so, but before you pay a lawyer to tell you this, I'll tell you for FREE.

If you ran a store in FirstLife, selling Rolex Watches, at $15000 a pop, and Billy-Bob Bunghole the Boston Bank Bandit, ran in with a large canvas money bag, labeled 'Federal Reserve', and pulled stacks of fresh $100 bills, still in the wrappers, and said...

"I'll take 2... Heres the cash"...

If that happened... Do you REALLY think the cops would let you keep the money? Or that screaming "Stolen money? Not MY problem..." would allow you to win a lawsuit against the original owners of the stolen cash?

Or... Do you think the first cop you complained to would slap you silly with a baton, cuff you and drag you to the court house on "Receiving Stolen Goods" and "Money Laundering" charges?

LL have no reliable method for proving that YOU are not a 'legitimate business alt' of Phrank the Phisher, the notorious account stealer.

There is NO way anybody gets to keep obviously stolen money, in SecondLife.

LL certainly didn't make you any enforceable legal promises regarding you having the 'right' to make $30,000 for being offline for the last 5 or 10 years. You have no case.

First of all I don't like your tone. Secondly unless you're an attorney, you can ***** off.

4 minutes ago, Cracker Hax said:

First of all I don't like your tone. Secondly unless you're an attorney, you can ***** off.

What a charming response to somebody who tried to save you losing thousands of dollars in failed litigation costs...

You don't like my tone? Seriously, do I sound like a give a rats backside what somebody suffering from "2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome" likes or dislikes?

That fraudulent belief that just creating an account on SL 11 years ago, ENTITLES you to DEMAND that LL make you wealthy in FirstLife, in return for doing bugger all in SecondLife, that is SO  typical of residents with rez dates between 2006 and 2009, that it's named after them.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

That fraudulent belief that just creating an account on SL 11 years ago, ENTITLES you to DEMAND that LL make you wealthy in FirstLife, in return for doing bugger all in SecondLife, that is SO  typical of residents with rez dates between 2006 and 2009, that it's named after them.

I don't feel entitled to anything except protection of my intellectual property I worked hard on, not "just making an account 11 years ago". I have made and sold thousands of animations in second life and I was famous for it for a time. My problem is not with what you are saying but how you are saying it.  You're being very  rude, how would you not expect a rude response? Frankly you seem to feel entitled to being a *****. If you want to have a real conversation about something you need to show some tact and respect. It's obvious you have animosity to people who were in SL long before you.

Keep your mental issues to yourself. Nobody cares. Maybe you should find something better to do than trolling these forums. You don't own them.

Furthermore, I don't owe you any explanation. You can think what  you want about anybody you want. That's not my problem, either.

Really,  I am not surprised to find some random toxic nutcase trying in vein to protect what she perceives as her little corner of the internet (especially in SL, which is full of these kinds of people these days it is no wonder so many people left).

Edited by Cracker Hax

3 hours ago, Cracker Hax said:

"You better wait a minute.

Uh, you better hold the phone.

Better mind your manners.

Better change your tone.

Don't you threaten me, son.

You gotta lot of gall.

We're gonna do things my way

or we won't do things at all!"

Sorry, that popped in there for some reason.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Cracker Hax said:

I have over $30,000 USD in sales that were never paid out to me from SL Marketplace. Has anybody else had problems not being paid for sales? Did Linden Labs give you the run-around? Did you have to call an attorney?

According to SL Marketplace I have sold one item over 500 times, with a 15,000L price tag (a big pack of full perm animations). I never got paid for those. I downloaded my entire payout history in CSV file and none of these sales have entries. I haven't even checked my other items. Pretty sure there are several others I was never paid for as well.

It's also possible that a marketplace malfunction caused someone to "buy" the same item multiple times unintentionally. There's no rational reason for anyone to buy full-permission animations more than once. It would be basically the same thing as a bank error.

https://www.helpwithmybank.gov/get-answers/bank-accounts/bank-errors/faq-banking-errors-08.html

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cracker Hax said:

Klytyna's tone is direct, without sugar coating, and it's also very acurate. 

Maybe you like lawyers to say sweet things, that make you feel nice as you hand over wads of cash, but when push comes to shove the mediator will end up saying the same thing. No sense wasting your time.

The goods were bought by a scammer, the Lindens found out and remove the money and they effectively returned the goods to you.

The time to deal with this is each month, as you notice the chargeback. It's how you would deal with fraudulant creditcard chargebacks in real life too, at the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cracker Hax said:

IAnd to the trolls: suck it.

i seen no trolls, only a poster that kept very important parts of his story away, and makes the ones that tried to guess what's going on look bad.

You were talking about SALES while you meant your USD balance. And adding the blah blah about all your high value items made it only more foggy to guess where it is about.

And now you start about tax forms... those are ONLY required a soon you process credit, and has nothing to do with missing sales.

LL doesn't keep L$ from mp in escrow, but does only with money in transfer as long the required forms are returned.

You also say you didn't get the email's, thats also not to blame anyone, you chose not to log in, otherwise you had be able to see it in your tickethistory, because the emails are only a copy of the messages in the support portal.

Look in the mirror and you see who caused it, nobody here.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cracker Hax said:

It turns out I need to fill out some tax forms. Apparently I never got the mail.

Also I didn't mention these are sales made over the span of several years. Not at once.

And to the trolls: suck it.

No one was trolling you. They were attempting to give you some common sense advice. One nugget that was left out is, if you decide to pursue this in a court of Law, be advised you must bring action (State or Federal) in a San Francisco courtroom and follow the rules of arbitration.

I refer you to Linden Lab ToS, section 10.1: "Dispute Resolution and Arbitration". In short "Dispute must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts of San Francisco County, California."

https://www.lindenlab.com/tos

If the Dispute has a claimed value of not more than $10,000,000, then the arbitration will be heard and determined by a single, neutral arbitrator who is a retired judge or a lawyer with not less than ten (10) years' experience as a practicing member of the bar in the substantive practice area related to the Dispute, who will administer the proceedings in accordance with the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes.

And there is this:

11.7 Improperly Filed Claims are Subject to Attorneys' Fees and Costs.

All claims you bring against Linden Lab must be resolved in accordance with Section 10, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Dispute Resolution Section shall be considered improperly filed and a breach of these Terms of Service. Should either party file a claim contrary to the Dispute Resolution Section, the other party may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to one thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000.00 USD), provided that such party seeking such fees has notified the other in writing of the improperly filed claim, and the other has failed to promptly withdraw the claim.

In conclusion, if you seek legal action, you best bring your "A Game" or just walk away and lick your wounds. From what I read here, you have no case due to negligence on your part. You failed to bring up any discrepancies in a timely manner. The Judge will simply toss it (*GAVEL*) and ask for the next case to be presented.

BTW, I'm not trolling you. I'm not an attorney or a Judge, though I have RP'ed one before in a prison sim and I have stayed (actually was employed, does that count?) at a Holiday Inn once.

Troll hasn't started yet.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 3

In order to pay taxes on those transactions wouldn't you actually have supposed to have had the money go to your account to begin with? You're claiming that 500 transactions have not been paid, yet there are no records of the transactions that exist except for a number about how many have been supposedly sold which could be an error or because fraudulent accounts bought those items and the money was removed from your account by LL (which doesn't show up in transaction history as far as I'm aware). You have zero transaction proof that LL or anyone owes you any money.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.