Transaction History

ZoaEroiKirei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any other way to see L$ Transactions exceeding the past 32 days? I'm having a problem with my Rental.. lost skybox, I paid for it still got 6 weeks but when I got to the Rental Office recently, the TP pad is now named after my roommate and the Rental owner can't find my transaction seems doesn't believe me. My roommate is also offline so I can't really justify what I'm saying to the owner ughh. Can someone help me?

You could try downloading your chat log and searching for the rental owner's name to find all the "You paid XXXXXX Resident LS00" posts in there, and the messages the rent box gives you when you paid. Then you can work out how long you should have left. Then ask the owner to do the same and check the dates you give him on his chat log.

Edited by K9Mark
punctuation
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, K9Mark said:

You could try downloading your chat log and searching for the rental owner's name to find all the "You paid XXXXXX Resident LS00" posts in there...

Fairly certain that you intentionally need to switch on that chat output in Firestorm and the official viewer "only" allows popup notes without chat output.

The rental box text is a nice idea, though not really a foolproof proof since it could be easily faked.

Depending on the rental system being used,  if you can find the message from it it the chat logs, that message may indicate a web page where you can go to verify/see the transaction, which may also show the rental transaction history.  Again, this does depend on the particular rental box system the landlord is using, so may not be applicable to the system your landlord is using. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 7:04 AM, moirakathleen said:

Depending on the rental system being used,  if you can find the message from it it the chat logs, that message may indicate a web page where you can go to verify/see the transaction, which may also show the rental transaction history.  Again, this does depend on the particular rental box system the landlord is using, so may not be applicable to the system your landlord is using. 

Do you know what systems do this? I use CasperLet for my rentals and I know it does that when buying from CasperVend but never tested it with CasperLet.

19 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Do you know what systems do this? I use CasperLet for my rentals and I know it does that when buying from CasperVend but never tested it with CasperLet.

I just recently rented a parcel that uses CasperLet, so I double-checked.  The link I get from the payment just goes to a web page which shows the status of the processing for that payment.  So, you can verify the transaction just made, but can't see a history of the rental transactions, so I was mistaken on that part....   I did say "might",  but it turns out it's not. 

The message with the link shows up in my local chat, but I don't save that off, so I can't verify or confirm if chat message links for previous payments made would still work (as in showing the process completed) or not.      

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

I just recently rented a parcel that uses CasperLet, so I double-checked.  The link I get from the payment just goes to a web page which shows the status of the processing for that payment.  So, you can verify the transaction just made, but can't see a history of the rental transactions, so I was mistaken on that part....   I did say "might",  but it turns out it's not. 

The message with the link shows up in my local chat, but I don't save that off, so I can't verify or confirm if chat message links for previous payments made would still work (as in showing the process completed) or not.      

Right well from the other side they can login to the casperlet website and view all transactions recorded for the rental box so that would show if you paid or not, but it would be good to have that link you get to prove it.

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The message with the link shows up in my local chat, but I don't save that off

If you use the official SL viewer, all local chat is logged by default so unless you have switched it off, you can always find everything there. Not sure how it is with other viewers but I'd be surprised if Firestorm didn't log local chat automatically too.

Edited by ChinRey

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

If you sue the official SL viewer, all local chat is logged by default so unless you have switched it off, you can always find everything there. Not sure how it is with other viewers but I'd be surprised if Firestorm didn't log local chat automatically too.

That's good to know.  I mainly use Firestorm, and I found all my IM chat logs, but couldn't find local.  There may be something I'm not aware of - I'm sure there are a lot of options I just haven't had the need to discover yet.  I don't think that I had ever attempted to look for local chat logs before, so I'll probably survive :)

7 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

That's good to know.  I mainly use Firestorm, and I found all my IM chat logs, but couldn't find local.  There may be something I'm not aware of - I'm sure there are a lot of options I just haven't had the need to discover yet.  I don't think that I had ever attempted to look for local chat logs before, so I'll probably survive :)

save local chat has to be manually enabled, (preferences/privacy/log and transcripts)

Keep in mind it really logs everything from the local... also gestures and other useless things... it can get messy and lot of traffic in chat will also slow your machine down.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.