Does anyone else get freaked out when you're on a sim by yourself and then suddenly see a green dot moving towards you?

purrrkitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would only worry if it is a blue dot rushing towards me at a high velocity because I am mostly idle in my house and the only reason LL would be interested in actually going to my randomly thrown together house is if they are about to send me to the corn field for breaking something too much.

Otherwise no, assert dominance by staring them directly in the eyes, when they look away you know they submit to your superiority. At least that's how it works for animals(and furries) most of the time.

• Haha 1

Not freaked out more amazed to the point i have to have a quick cam or stare out my window at them if they're at sky level, i have a tp pad at ground level predominantly for my own use between home and store the other day i tp'd up to find someone up there didn't have a problem with them there or i wouldn't have the tp pad i think there were more freaked out than i was and couldn't tp away fast enough

• Haha 2

From my experience ,it's usually a ninja..So really, there is good reason to get a little freaked out.. Only I got smart about it and took some classes myself..

Yup,the only thing worse than a sole ninja in a sim when there is just the two of you is,a Pirate..

Nothing freaks out ninjas more than Pirates..

So Touche and Avast ye lone ninjas of the grid and your showing up all by yourself N stuff

I be yer Huckelberry,argh

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

How to understand green dots:

1. 1 green dot by itself - Incredibly lonely avatar who will immediately attach to any visitor like peanut butter. Prepare to be stalked afterwards.

2. 1 green dot by itself - (alternate) Incredibly secretive avatar who will immediately eject you and then IM you to not visit again or there will be consequences.

3. 1 green dot by itself - (alternate) It's @purrrkitten 

3. 2 green dots close together - a couple in a compromising position or in flagrante delicto.

4. 2 green dots close together and 1 green dot by itself - a couple as in 3 above and a peeper. 

5.  2 green dots close together and 2 green dots separately by themselves - a couple as in 3 above and 2 peepers.

6. 3 green dots close together - either a store landing zone or a threesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The vast majority of the time, I totally ignore any green dots moving towards me.  If I'm at home, they won't see me inside my parcel and they'll get ejected if they come into the parcel.  If I'm out shopping, I'm usually pretty oblivious to others because I am focused on the shopping.  I monitor the mini-map just enough to ensure that I don't bump into people.

Once I went to explore a place. After a while in my minimap I saw green dot approaching from distance towards me. As I wasn't in any mood for chat at that time I TPed away. Very soon I got am IM: "Coby! Running away was a very rude thing to do! I just wanted to chat for a while."
Well, not wanting to appear as being rude, I said (lied actually) "Sorry, I didn't see you coming. I can come back for a while if you want."  Well, he wanted and sent me TP. We chatted there for a while, and when he was satisfied I went away. ;)

Anyway, I never get freaked out from any green or blue dot approaching me. It's just that I might get off if in no mood for company. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

How to understand green dots:

1. 1 green dot by itself - Incredibly lonely avatar who will immediately attach to any visitor like peanut butter. Prepare to be stalked afterwards.

2. 1 green dot by itself - (alternate) Incredibly secretive avatar who will immediately eject you and then IM you to not visit again or there will be consequences.

3. 1 green dot by itself - (alternate) It's @purrrkitten 

3. 2 green dots close together - a couple in a compromising position or in flagrante delicto.

4. 2 green dots close together and 1 green dot by itself - a couple as in 3 above and a peeper. 

5.  2 green dots close together and 2 green dots separately by themselves - a couple as in 3 above and 2 peepers.

6. 3 green dots close together - either a store landing zone or a threesome.

5 or more but less that 10 green dots ,approach with caution..Almost ninja like approach skills are needed..Go stomping around with pirate skills and you may find yourself right smack dab in the middle of the Frey.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.