Weirdness - Sim changes or griefing?

Aodevi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I left my viewer running overnight and when I woke up the sim had apparently reset (nothing weird here right?). I logged back on to realize that a LOT of objects on my parcel had been returned, and my parcel prim count had been maxed out -- without anybody having placed anything new, it seems. I've used Area Search and the Land tool to try and see if there were any new objects floating around (there apparently were none) and now I'm in the process of checking whether or not my items were messed with in ways that might have increased their land impact. Also a few items have different collision now than they did before, specifically where I had left my avatar idling overnight (in this case, shoving me away from areas I was formerly able to walk in. I'm still troubleshooting that one and trying to figure out which object is suddenly screwy).

I have no idea what happened as I don't know anybody who would have targetted me for something I did or didn't do -- it seems like a drive-by thing simply for idling with my fiancee, or alternately the sim my land is in had its prim limit scaled back without warning. I haven't edited my parcel for about a week, but since my objects got a bit wonky for no reason, it may have been a hacked client that allowed them to spoof identity or my avatar was commandeered somehow -- or as I said, prim limits in my sim got nerfed without warning. 

Does anybody have an idea as to what happened?

Edited by Aodevi

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Aodevi said:

I left my viewer running overnight and when I woke up the sim had apparently reset (nothing weird here right?). I logged back on to realize that a LOT of objects on my parcel had been returned, and my parcel prim count had been maxed out -- without anybody having placed anything new, it seems. I've used Area Search and the Land tool to try and see if there were any new objects floating around (there apparently were none) and now I'm in the process of checking whether or not my items were messed with in ways that might have increased their land impact. Also a few items have different collision now than they did before, specifically where I had left my avatar idling overnight (in this case, shoving me away from areas I was formerly able to walk in. I'm still troubleshooting that one and trying to figure out which object is suddenly screwy).

I have no idea what happened as I don't know anybody who would have targetted me for something I did or didn't do -- it seems like a drive-by thing simply for idling with my fiancee, or alternately the sim my land is in had its prim limit scaled back without warning. I haven't edited my parcel for about a week, but since my objects got a bit wonky for no reason, it may have been a hacked client that allowed them to spoof identity or my avatar was commandeered somehow -- or as I said, prim limits in my sim got nerfed without warning. 

Does anybody have an idea as to what happened?

Lots of people reporting this inworld.  Except more maintenance :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Lots of people reporting this inworld.  Except more maintenance :)

Thank you kindly for your quick response! I guess I'll just have to hunker down and wait for Linden to rectify the issue.

• Like 1

File a support ticket. Also look for the JIRA and had the information you have.

DO NOT just wait for them to fix it. This is not happening everywhere. So, those that run into it have to speak up.

The problem comes from a unique set of circumstances. The timing of the restart, when the region is assigned to a server, where the server is in its restart sequence... So, the Lindens need as much information as they can get to help figure out what fails.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.