Purchasing from Dead Avatars?

AngelTheTickleSuccubus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!  I found a sim with some really cool items.  I was drawn there looking for a specific one.  However when I went to look up the owner Avatar, their message board was filled with angry caps saying "dont buy" and "they will 'rip you off'".

people replied saying that you need to understand what happens when an Avatar goes dead before buying from them.  

So what is the deal?  if you buy from them, do you get the items? where does the L$ go?  Why does something like a private region remain up when the Owner Avatar is dead?

2 hours ago, AngelTheTickleSuccubus said:

if you buy from them, do you get the items?

In this particular case, no. People didn't post all those warning messages without a reason.

where does the L$ go?

Effectively the L$ simply vanish from the system.

Why does something like a private region remain up when the Owner Avatar is dead?

Two possible reasons, either somebody is still paying the bill or the sim owner hasn't noticed yet that nobody's paying.

• Like 1

Hello!  I found a sim with some really cool items.  I was drawn there looking for a specific one.  However when I went to look up the owner Avatar, their message board was filled with angry caps saying "dont buy" and "they will 'rip you off'".

people replied saying that you need to understand what happens when an Avatar goes dead before buying from them.  

So what is the deal?  if you buy from them, do you get the items? where does the L$ go?  Why does something like a private region remain up when the Owner Avatar is dead?

1. a avatar doesnt die, people can

2 you can normally buy, however... if the account didn't come in sl for long time, the vendors/sellingsytem can be broken or a totally outdated product.

3 where the lindens go...? not realy important for the buyer as long her gets his item delivered and there's no huge scam, but it goes to the seller... he/she owns the vendor

4 as long there is payment for land, sims and other services, LL will not discontinue their part of the deal.

5 extra on the "dead" if there are no responses of legal representatives in RL, and the payments proceed, LL will not take action. Other than people that are official representatives are no party for LL in any case.

6 a "dead" avatar might have a pretty alive holder in rl, for various reasons people leave, are absent, or use other accounts to play sl.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.