Payment options (plz read!!!)

LixiMarino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to go premium and get started in SL but I need a credit card and I don't have one (I tried Paypal and other web sites and I still need one). I know I can't use a debit card, so I wonder if I can use my savings account and if I can, where I find the info on how to proceed (I'm not in the US). Please tell me if I have other options if it isn't possible. Thank you 9_9

8 answers to this question

You can verify a PayPal or Skrill account with a bank account.  You don't need to verify it with a credit card.  The verification process is all described on those company web sites.  As far as Linden Lab is concerned, they don't care how you verify the account.  It just has to be verified.

The hidden problem, though, is that a bank cannot transfer money fast enough to satisfy Linden Lab's credit processor.  If you try to buy L$ in the LindeX or try to make a Marketplace purchase, and you don't have enough money in your PayPal account, PayPal turns around and asks the bank for it.  The bank is too slow, though, and Linden Lab's accounting system gets tired of waiting, so it terminates the transaction.  There's an easy solution, of course....  Always be sure that you have money in your PayPal account before you use it in SL.  Transfer the money from your bank account to PayPal yourself ahead of time.

• Like 3

But Rolig is quite correct, if you use a bank CHECKING account!

Also, Lixi says she wants to add a payment method and get a Premium account "so she can get started in SL."  Lixi, you don't need either one!  Yes, it's a bit harder if you can't buy $L, but there are tons of freebies, plus there are various ways to earn $L in world.  I recommend to everyone that they NOT worry about buying $L, or getting land, for at least the first month in SL.  Explore the world, shop for freebies, make friends, learn how to build some simple things and how to put together outfits and looks for your avatar.  You can do all that for free.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.