carolshmarol

Need an App Before I can start?

I tried to login but I got a message saying that I need 'another app' to get it. It gives me the option of going to the Google app store but then nothing comes up for Second Life. I opened this account years ago and have tried to get back on but have never been successful. I'm not even sure if I still have an avatar because I can't find it. Please help.

No you don't need an app to run Second Life. You do need the Linden Lab's viewer program or a third party viewer. 

https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Are you using a Windows computer? Mac? Android? I think you may just be using an old viewer. Just install one of those in the links above. The LL viewer or Firestorm are popular. 

• Like 4

Does it drive anyone else crazy when someone posts something like this, then never returns to follow up? I NEED CLOSURE, DARN IT!! >:( :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I suspect that, since the OP was sent to the Google Play Store, they were trying to access SL on their Android phone. While there are mobile apps - such as Lumiya - for Android, you really need a computer and a full viewer in order to access SL in anything more than the limited fashion than a mobile app would offer.

• Like 2