I can log in to Pooley / Smith, but can't go home

Wooshky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I was trying to log in after SL became operational today, but couldn't. So going by another thread here, I tried to log in to Smith / Pooley, which I could. However, right after the login, I am being logged out, saying, that "You are being logged out because you are trying to attempt login from another location".

I am not trying to do anything.

Please help

2 answers to this question

All that means is that the servers knew that you were logged in to the Smith region but had not logged out yet.  You cannot be logged in to two places at once, so the system resolved the confusion by logging you out.  That happens to me a couple of times a year, usually because I wasn't paying attention and thought that I was logging in as my alt.  When I am testing a script, I often log in with both accounts at the same time.  If I get distracted while logging in my alt, though, I can just blindly click the login buttons without remembering to type her name and password in. So we both get bumped, and I feel silly.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Actually, that message doesn't have to do with your location in Second Life.  When you get that, it means that the SL servers have noticed that you're logging in from a different geographical location in REAL LIFE.  Since this is often a clue that an account has been hacked, the system won't let you log in.

If you've changed your Real Life location, you might need to file a support case to get some assistance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.