You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The discussion of this topic is about linden lab maintenance in the sl, I have observed that this has happened without certain days and without an expected time, without prior notice!
SL players have been prevented from logging in at some moments without warning, generating a series of questions ... "I lost my avatar"? "Viw problem"? "Was I overthrown?" "I got some ban tpo?" I come across this topic to open a discussion!
Since inside people people invest in the game, they create events with dates and times marked, they spend real money, and they earn real money inside it ... and we have our accounts disconnected at any moment without warning knowing maintenance only after is absurd and disrespectful with players!

My opinion is that you lose your credibility! Linden lab should warn players about any maintenance before disconnecting, should have days and times set and respect those times!
I leave this topic open so that other players and lovers of the game can also say ... and if there are days ... where to know? When?

Welcome to SL!  Sometimes SL is unavailable because of issues with the grid (the world we inhabit).  You can check for the Grid Status on your Dashboard page found at secondlife.com.  Other times, a sim may be down and you cannot TP to it. Give it 10 minutes and try again.  Other problems might be related to your side.  The point is, these things happen from time to time but not often for most people, I expect, or they would not continue logging in.  You can always check with the support staff if you are having a problem that won't go away.

ETA:  Rolling restarts do have a schedule.  Again, check your Dashboard.

Edited by Venus Petrov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hacksan said:

Yes sl is a yes SOCIAL, bla bla bla the question is about the maintenance reply on the maintenance please!

Sh*t happens and Linden Lab tries to fix it, that's why its called unscheduled maintenance. They don't usually  schedule system malfunctions.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed Labs to Lab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Investigating - We are performing an unscheduled maintenance to our login systems. Residents may experience log in issues in world as well as secondlife.com. Please keep an eye on this blog for status updates.
Sep 6, 17:33 PDT

bolded and underlined.   kinda hard to schedule downtime you don't know that's going to happen.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Edited by bigmoe Whitfield
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Hacksan said:

The discussion of this topic is about linden lab maintenance in the sl, I have observed that this has happened without certain days and without an expected time, without prior notice!
SL players have been prevented from logging in at some moments without warning, generating a series of questions ... "I lost my avatar"? "Viw problem"? "Was I overthrown?" "I got some ban tpo?" I come across this topic to open a discussion!
Since inside people people invest in the game, they create events with dates and times marked, they spend real money, and they earn real money inside it ... and we have our accounts disconnected at any moment without warning knowing maintenance only after is absurd and disrespectful with players!

My opinion is that you lose your credibility! Linden lab should warn players about any maintenance before disconnecting, should have days and times set and respect those times!
I leave this topic open so that other players and lovers of the game can also say ... and if there are days ... where to know? When?

Here's an idea, Hack.

Have Linden Lab notify you prior to their "unscheduled outages" and you can go play something else uninterrupted. There is a reason they are labeled as such. It doesn't evolve around you but the whole platform.

And yeah...SL is a virtual world, it's not a game.

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Sh*t happens and Linden Lab tries to fix it, that's why its called unscheduled maintenance. They don't usually  schedule system malfunctions.

Like when your car won't start on the morning of an important appointment, it should have let you know that would happen, so you would have known not to plan anything important that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People create events, create parties, set the time ... and suddenly there you are disabled! I'm not against maintenance I'm in favor of improvements! But this should be warned, even by the platform! This discourages! They said that the maintenance would be in the quarter, I do not know if this is true! The game is full of flaws, of course people bring anything inside, I believe that it would be possible to warn you ... in the same way when you are in a land and it will be rested it warns you have so many seconds to withdraw! Land will be reset!

Sorry for saying that sl is a game, I know they are furious haha, yes I know it is a virtual platform, social ... pioneer that served as inspiration for the creation of other social paltaformas ... say that it is a game is a wrong way, but when I started sl ... I saw it as a game and so it was in the head although it is not a game .. but being a forum I should not have said game ... I'm laughing because I know that they get angry because of this :P

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Como quando seu carro não começará na manhã de uma marcação importante, ele deve ter avisado que isso aconteceria, então você teria sabido não planejar nada importante nesse dia.

That was good, but sl is not a car! Basically it's programming..codes

• Administrators

Hey there!

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since we already have active threads discussing the current unscheduled maintenance. 

We encourage you to check https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ for any updates or for notice of any maintenance that may be occurring. This will include scheduled maintenances, or times such as these where an unscheduled maintenance needs to be performed to fix something that has popped up. 

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.