selecting my objuects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of course.  In your EDIT menu, choose Options and then activate Select by Surrounding and Select Only My Objects. Then open your editor (CTRL + 3) and click/drag a selection rectangle around an area where you expect your objects to be.  That will select them as a coalesced object.  If you take that object back to your inventory, it will show up at the top of your Recent tab. Then just go to a sandbox or your own land and rez the object again and re-take the objects individually to your inventory as separate objects.

Read more about coalesced objects here

and here

Choose "Select Only My Objects" so that is has a check mark.

Go into edit mode. Hold down the Shift Key and DRAG your mouse across the area making a box.

That will get things inside walls too.  Then TAKE or Take a Copy depending on what you need. 

Note that if you take up TONS of stuff (like hundreds of items) it can be a little tricky sometimes getting them to rez.

So it might be best to take in "sections". All depends on the situation. 

selectonlymy.jpg.b9fb737a48ac59e3d96a75b28aad1d54.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon

1 minute ago, Pamela Galli said:

Your camer needs to be above, looking down.

True, if you want to select all of your stuff in the building at the same time. Then your selection rectangle can take in the whole thing at once. If you want to collect stuff in smaller chunks, it doesn't make much difference which way your camera points. Unless you're really interested in keeping all your items as a single, moveable coalesced object, taking smaller chunks may be easier (and a little less frightening for a novice).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shlinki Erin said:

hi

I set up a store in a friend's sim, and put my items there 

now I want to take them all, but some of them are like... "hiding" in the walls 

is there anyway to take everything that's mine in one time?

ty

if you use area search you can select the items you want to take there, by name, date, distance, owner... and more

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.