Sign in to follow this  
cykarushb

Clothing alphas not working?

Question

So ive got a couple of clothing items from GiZZa and their alphas use to work, but they no longer work at all. Not on any avatar ive tried, they dont show up to anyone else either. Ive had to resort to body masking to get clothes to look right. Someone said it might be some kind of "priority" issue with other alphas, but my avatar alpha works fine and even with that one off, the clothing alphas dont work.

Ive also tried editing the alpha, it didnt change anything.

Anyone else experience an issue like this?

5 answers to this question

You cannot stack classic system alpha layers in such a way that the first layer will hide your system shape and a second one will hide parts of your body.
That's what your body HUD with masking features does.

I have serious doubts that a system alpha layer ever managed to hide parts of your mesh body. In other words: it's technically impossible.

• Like 2

Lillith is quite right.  Clothing layer alpha masks, the things with an inventory symbol of a shirt with a grid pattern, do nothing to hide mesh bodies, and never have.

The mesh body itself comes with a full-body alpha mask.  Wear that to hide your classic body beneath the mesh body.  Use the mesh body's HUD to determine which parts of it will be hidden with any particular mesh clothing.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

Well i looked into this more, previously the body was partially mesh, it had been updated and now was full mesh.

Gotta go buy new clothes, rip me.