HELP I need a shield !!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have heard that there are huds and third part applications that allow people to find out alts. do you know any  really good and really working shield that can stop such griefers?

I have my way to do it but I was just wondering if any hud/shield exists, so I can be in double session on the same OS without letting anyone find me out.  I might save also a few on my bills :P .  I just need the shiled or script to stop  such devices.

I really need such a shield (if any exists), cause a Jealous person keeps stalking me, thinking that I want her partner.

I think the process involves matching IP addresses to Second Life Residents. Visiting Private Regions may expose your IP. Visiting Links to websites outside of SL may display your IP to that website's Access Logs.

You can change your IP address prior to each login. Avoid following Links you do not trust. Report Abuse for any Residents whom you strongly suspect are attempting to expose or share RL identities of other Residents without Consent.  

If you are being harassed, Mute the Resident and Report Abuse.

Most importantly, you do not need a shield, you need to avoid the Residents or Locations where you have been finding conflict. SL is a very large place, there is plenty of elbow room.

If all this is lost, visit Market Place and browse through the sections to see if you can find anything.

Hi knowl and thanks for answering.

Yes I do all that, I always keep also my media off , I never touch links or obgect that I don't trust.

Lately I am also avoiding places where I think that person might be.

A few time ago just logging in double session with one alt shoppinmg and another busy to try stuff tht I was building, that person I mean started IMing me telling that  my IP was matching with another, so that person started accusing me and pointing the finger at me.

Sometimes I just log and prolly  through a detector I got found out so I get from that person nice messages messages from holy scripts or songs to treat me

Not that this generally would piss me off, but that person has been doing this for over three years or more and lately I am starting losing my patience

Yup, save a log of their IMs .. then mute them and file an abuse report against them. Make sure to include the logs in the AR (abuse report). You can mute someone by opening their profile then click the "Mute" button. If they are in sight, right click and choose Mute from the menu.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

In all cases of Abuse, the quality and quanitity of the data submitted will have a strong influence towards the outcome of any Report. Keep accurate records, avoid making personal attacks when filing an AR, stick with the facts. Stay in honor.

Shakira Kimagawa wrote:

I have heard that there are
huds
and
third part applications
that allow people to find out alts. do you know any 
really good and really working shield
that can stop such griefers?

I have my way to do it but I was just wondering if any hud/shield exists, so I can be in double session on the same OS without letting anyone find me out.  I might save also a few on my bills
:P
.  I just need the shiled or script to stop  such devices.

I really need such a shield (if any exists), cause a Jealous person keeps stalking me, thinking that I want her partner.

For future cases i would just use a veiwer with the media filter..There are viewers with the filters for the v1 and v2 viewers..

phoenix has media filter..

Also Dolphin 1

if i am not mistaking Rainbow or Cool viewer also..i forget which of those two..hehehe.

i am half asleep and waking up at the moment but those are just a few v1's i know...

For V2 viewers the Dolphin 2 viewer i believe even has the media on a prim filter..

Phoenix's Firestorm which is phoenix's v2  has a version for media on a prim filter  if you know how to compile a viewer.. that is out now..

They will also have a version of the media on a prim filter hopefully in the next  pre-alpha of Firestorm for the people in their test group..

As far as viewers without a media filter..I Would make sure "Media" is Turned off..

Also "Allow Media to auto-play when entering a region" Turned off..

If you are using a v2 viewer i would include "Play media attached to other avatars" Turned off..

Also have "Allow resident scripts to play media" Turned off

As well as not using the viewer built in browser.Use your browser instead..

A lot of those alt detectors used timing to line up an avatar name and an ip as to when they would enter and leave a sim..

music streams were really not used in those basically because you didn't even have to be in the same sim to be listening to a stream..the timing  was too irregular to be able to say who was leaving or coming..people are always clicking on and off their streams..

Also that music streams on land  can only run one stream at a time and would need land permissions to have the ability to load their stream for the milli second they would pop on to scan..where media is not so restricted

music streams were just to unreliable..where media was much more versatile..especially with those on v2 viewers because of media on a prim..

if anyone IM's you telling you your alt names and you never told them your alt names..AR them for disclosure..

because they are relaying information about you that you never gave permission to give out..

Thats information that only you and LL should know unless you happen to give it out..either way if you gave it to someone else and this person talked to them..it's still not something they should be passing around..even if that someone they pass it to happens to be you..

it's not who they are passing it to..but the information they are passing which is considered private user information..it's not avatar information..it is private account user information..and that is ARable..:smileywink:

Hi Cecka thanks for the answer.

I did all the things you say , Ceka

Also before  that they started talking about how it was dangerous to have enabled shared media on, I always kept media off by then ( call me paranoid xD). I can tell you Since ever I have been havingshared media off.

A friend was talking to me about the possibility that they are using third part applications to follow my alts. I start somehow beliving that this is possible.

I have been using alt that I told anybody and  I had some of them that I knew suddenly landing near me like they were able to see me on map ( I had no one in friendlist, and  I was wearing nothing but the noobie clothes, no scripted obgects either, i prefer to script myself what I wear or at least I check accurately the script also when I buy something if it's mod).

Someone keeps asking me REal data about me, age, sex , religion and stuff, so  I  always have to change what I say about my real life to drive them mad and keep it  in mind through an achive file excel :P . This happens cause that same person, who stalks me, likes to act like a cop. But what the ..... this is second life I can be  anything furry included why should that person act like a cop with me?

The most important thing is why am I not allowed to be around( least this is what that person thinks)? If that person  feels their  partnership so weak only cause I am around, is it my fault?

people will also sometimes lie and make the information they have on you sound more than what it is..to scare you mostly..like they have some leg up on us or some stupid crap like that  lol

some can have lucky guesses just seeing you and an alt in more than one group together or in places together..they can pick up on how you typre and just anything..because they are obssessed and look at any little detail to line up..

i had one man IM me saying he left something in my home for me on my bed..then when i tp's to my house ..he said ..ahh i see you are at your house now..LOL

a lot of people would think..ok this guy has a way of following me..when all that infromation he used was just looking at my profile in a place he saw me at..then tping to my home because he knew i was at the place he just left..then opening he map to see a dot land in my home assuming it was me landing there..

so a lot of things may just seem like they are bigger things than they are..when all he had was an LM to my house and a current location where i was at the time and a place he more than likely knew i would jump to out of curiosity..

he could never pull it off if i had tp'd two sims away a second later..because he would not be able to tell me where i was after i left my house hehehehe

this guy only knew me for a few moments..You mention the one stalkign you knew you for three years or has been keeping track of you for three years..they could gather a lot of little important details about anyone in that time to use..

take what a lot say with a grain of salt..still never let your guard down..:smileywink:

a stalker is only as bad as we let them be..we are the ones really in control of them..they just don't realise it  yet LOL

ya i am just saying that there are a lot of people that will act like they have some super powers in second life when they don't really have anything that anyone else could not get..

there are lots of things in world that could find you on the grid..they could even be using some sort of funky viewer that maps you..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.