Ignore threads

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible to include an ignore thread feature?  I know sometimes a topic will become very popular with lots of replies but the subject does not involve me.  However, every time it gets a new reply is shows up with unread posts.

That's a nice way of saying I want to leave threads that have devolved into spats permanently closed :(

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Is it possible to include an ignore thread feature?  I know sometimes a topic will become very popular with lots of replies but the subject does not involve me.  However, every time it gets a new reply is shows up with unread posts.

That's a nice way of saying I want to leave threads that have devolved into spats permanently closed :(

Rhonda, try opening a new reply from you in the thread and turning off the notify of replies button then post. You can write something, or leave it blank. I think that should work! ETA, I'm trying that in another thread (one I wish I hadn't started), but won't know for sure till someone replies to it.  ETA again to add, it worked!

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Rhonda, try opening a new reply from you in the thread and turning off the notify of replies button then post. You can write something, or leave it blank. I think that should work! ETA, I'm trying that in another thread (one I wish I hadn't started), but won't know for sure till someone replies to it.  ETA again to add, it worked!

So we can set a particular thread to no longer notify us of additional posts.  Now to just get it out of my Unread Content list.

BTW - If you have made at least one post in the thread, you don't actually have to make another to set it to stop notifying you.  At the top of the thread is a 'Following' box.  Click the arrow and change the selection to not send you notifications.  Actually, clicking 'Unfollow' might even take it out of my Unread Content list -- off to try that.

ETA - Damn.  Unfollowing the thread does not keep it out of my unread content list.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.