Shopping events... and missing the boat..

Ivanova Shostakovich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do a fair bit of shopping at events, such as C88 and Kustom9, and others. I curse my own distracted nature and procrastination when I come across a demo I had not tried yet, of a really nice beach two piece that I decide I'd really like to get. But I can't get it because after searching all over the event in question for it three times I discover, from a blog, it was from LAST YEAR, and is thus no longer available, anywhere. :(

I would personally really like it if exclusivity agreements for these events had an expiration. Maybe they do. Maybe it did. Maybe this thing was available again after six  months. In any event, the boat is now long gone.

interesting!  Unless an item was created as a one of a kind exclusively for that event, then most often even exclusives end up in the stores of the creators of the item shortly after the event closes.  If you track down the creator of that demo, by editing it while still in your inventory, you should be able to see what store and where his or her items are sold.  There is a good chance that item you want is still in the store.  Or you could try putting the exact name of the item in search in MP if the creator has an MP store it may show up that way.  As a creator all the exclusives I make for any given event, always end up in my stores inworld  and MP.. unless as I said it was a one of a kind exclusive only for that event.  In which case I guess then the need to check demos right away for things like that would be a good practice to get into :) 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 5:44 AM, Tazzie Tuque said:

interesting!  Unless an item was created as a one of a kind exclusively for that event, then most often even exclusives end up in the stores of the creators of the item shortly after the event closes.  If you track down the creator of that demo, by editing it while still in your inventory, you should be able to see what store and where his or her items are sold.  There is a good chance that item you want is still in the store.  Or you could try putting the exact name of the item in search in MP if the creator has an MP store it may show up that way.  As a creator all the exclusives I make for any given event, always end up in my stores inworld  and MP.. unless as I said it was a one of a kind exclusive only for that event.  In which case I guess then the need to check demos right away for things like that would be a good practice to get into :) 

Thank you Tazzie. I did some research and visited their marketplace and in-world store, but didn't find the item in question. I decided to be more proactive and sent them a query IM. No response yet, but I remain hopeful.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.