Ah well

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Just because you got your hand slapped for spamming your "look at me" Sansar crap over here because no one will ever see you on Sansar boards does not mean your spiteful attitude is welcome.  You are an old has-been as far as this forum is concerned.  You are out of style now and you know it.  Go peddle your arrogant, elitist condescension somewhere else.

(Better?)

[ETA ... and probably prove the "pablum " accusation ..]
I hope you understand it was meant to be a joke.  I value your opinions, Venus.  Even when they are different than mine.

Oh that Sansar thread - yeah, it was moved and cool for that.  I agree that you've gotta take it if you're gonna hash it out.  *flexes*  Thanks for the lolz.

41 minutes ago, Lada Charlton said:

I noticed this and got *destroyed* in a thread about basic privacy last week and this week. So weird.

Continuing to post and ignore as often as possible to try and counteract any meanness. 

Edit: Had *no clue* the mean people on these forums were so cliquey, and so coordinated in their trolling. I've realized now the OP of this thread is actually writing this in support of someone who tried to shame-bomb me on another thread by writing her version of "the thread history" which is just really unnecessary and odd. I now know better which groups are supporting each other on this network, but that will never make me stop contributing. Have a great week!! 

Lada, please don't think that is the case. I don't even know anything about you. I was, as I stated, only speaking of those who are aszholes (misspelling intentional so word will appear) for no other reason than to be an aszhole! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Lada, please don't think that is the case. I don't even know anything about you. I was, as I stated, only speaking of those who are aszholes (misspelling intentional so word will appear) for no other reason than to be an aszhole! 

At this point, I'm not sure we're on the same page about this thread you replied to in an earlier post, but I'll just leave this for now. 

I agree Linden Labs has done an excellent job in moderating the current version of the forums! I am so grateful for this. 

14 minutes ago, Lada Charlton said:

At this point, I'm not sure we're on the same page about this thread you replied to in an earlier post, but I'll just leave this for now. 

I agree Linden Labs has done an excellent job in moderating the current version of the forums! I am so grateful for this. 

Just because I disgreed with something you said doesn't mean I disagree with everything you say. There are people in these forums who I consider a friend who don't always agree with things I say, and state it, and vice versa, and that's okay. Perhaps you could have explained why you felt the way you did, I may have changed my mind. The key word in "General Discussion" is Discussion!

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 5

I wouldn't consider this forum 'cliquey' - there are people who post more often than others, but they don't discourage others from posting, as I have seen in other forums online.  There are people who were new, but jumped in and started posting in the popular threads and now are among the people who post often.  Sometimes initial posts are a bit rocky, but I think that has to do with not being familiar with the history of, or the ongoing controversies among members of,  a particular topic.   After time, and reading a lot of posts, I've learned to look at some comments differently, because I've learned over time that a particular person comes off as gruff but means well and is very helpful, for example, or I recognize that the focus of a post has shifted from the OP's original issue to more of an issue between several individuals commenting on the post (and that they aren't addressing the OP at that point).

I also tend to try to interpret things in the best perspective, unless I've seen a history of particular posts by someone that leads me to believe otherwise about that person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lada Charlton said:

Edit: Had *no clue* the mean people on these forums were so cliquey, and so coordinated in their trolling.

I run a tight ship. You have no idea how difficult it is to coordinate mean people, they're always at each other's throats.

Fortunately, via means I cannot comprehendreveal, I find the task truly effortless.

Regardless, you're welcome to join the clique, all you must do is stick around.

;-).

• Like 5

I've thrice now been accused of being in a clique.....but, no one EVER told me I was(before the accusations) O.o I have no idea what clique I'm in, apparently they don't either.

I'm fairly certain if I'm in a clique at all, it consists of me and whatever personalities I might possess...and no other living being. I could be wrong, I might have to consult with myself on this one. 

I'm an odd duck, I don't belong in any group, clique, or whatever other word someone wants to use to lump me in with other people, of which I'm certain there are many, just as I'm certain there are many labels folks use to define me, most of which aren't likely very forum friendly(and..they may be right, at any given point on any given day).

I will, absolutely, speak the truth to people, and I do my best to avoid over-sweetening the words, lest I wish them to be confuzzled and mangled into oblivion, while still avoiding any attempt at seeming like I'm simply throwing axes and counting on them hitting my target, repeatedly. Whether or not anyone actually can see either of these things, I have no clue. I'm not overly kind, but I'm not overly mean. I am, rather, direct, usually, simply over descriptive, or over-sharing perhaps....even when it takes me five paragraphs to say what some can say in two sentences ;) 

Edited by Tari Landar
clarity
  • Like 4

I'm enjoying chatting to and with this group as well. While I do appreciate all the effort and thought that went into its overall improvement, I'll say that I more appreciate the intelligence, creativity, humor, kindness and occasional anvil dropping from all you people I enjoy reading here (Psst, hey you Lindens, you lot as well. You're included.). It may not be plain, but you have my heart.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Lada Charlton said:

Hmm. I'd forgotten who it was I'd replied to in that thread and, although your post that I quoted here was a reply to someone else, I have to assume that you didn't appreciate my reply either, or those of others who posted the same view, and you may have come to a conclusion about cliques. Whilst reading the later posts in this thread something occured to me about cliques here.

In the past there appeared to be the odd group of people that could be thought of as a clique, and there used to be the odd group that would be better described as a gang, because they enjoyed ganging up on individuals and laughed about it together behind the scenes. But I'm suspecting that what is being seen as cliques in this forum incarnation is not any kind of group but, instead, is the normal life of a forum. I suspect the word 'clique' enters the mind when a number of people oppose an individual's point of view in a thread, and those people are daily regulars. An extreme and hypothetical example might explain what I mean. Suppose someone posted that the sky is green. Multiple people would say no, it's blue. The green-sky person could easily think that the objectors are a clique because, to that person, it would seem that those forum regulars are banding together to be contrary, in spite of the fact that the sky is obviously green.

When an individual finds him/herself on the wrong end of a thread like that, it would be easy to imagine a clique, especially since almost all of the contrary ones are daily regulars who often post in the same threads, and often post things that seem to indicate that they know each other. All that actually happens is that someone posts something that a number of people don't agree with, and those who post disagreements are forum regulars who know each other in the forum. It's the normal life of any forum, but for the one on the wrong end of opinion, it could easily look cliqueish.

In the case of the thread you linked to, multiple people disagreed with your judgement of one of the people who posted in the thread, and nobody supported your view. Those who disagreed are daily regulars, so, from your perspective, it may have seemed like a clique was against you. I can assure you that there wasn't.

I don't think there are any cliques here. If there are, they are hiding it very well.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems this has gone a bit off the rails, lol (no real shock there, should have known better). I was only speaking of a couple responders who only seem to respond to  say something unnecessary and crappy, Heck, I'm not even talking about  @Alwin Alcott lmaooo! (I've grown quite fond of your grumpiness) 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Seems this has gone a bit off the rails, lol (no real shock there, should have known better). I was only speaking of a couple responders who only seem to respond to  say something unnecessary and crappy, Heck, I'm not even talking about @Alwin Alcott lmaooo! (I've grown quite fond of your grumpiness) 

Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_grande.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I run a tight ship. You have no idea how difficult it is to coordinate mean people, they're always at each other's throats.

Fortunately, via means I cannot comprehendreveal, I find the task truly effortless.

Regardless, you're welcome to join the clique, all you must do is stick around.

;-).

I wish you'd get a better grip on this. I'm beginning to lose my awestruck view of you. (makes a face and sticks out my tongue at you) :P

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I always thought that was supposed to be ice cream... Boy was i wrong... I texted my daughter once if she wanted to get some 1f4a9.png:poop:  boy was i told the truth... :P

Omg, I almost spit  tea out of my nose.  @Alwin Alcott Yes, it's Earl Grey, with cream and sugar this time.

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.