Ah well

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of course one problem as with any online communication is that it is very easy to misinterpret what is said. More than once I have said things and been accused as being mean when i was not trying to be mean at all. We all need to work hard at not reading into statements, things that were not actually said.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

So much for our warm, fuzzy start to the new forum. The egos, and attitudes have returned ¬¬ 

As the ego to Maddy's idattitude since 1970 I can honestly say I never left. I'm sure Maddy would be happy to incinerate whoever's bugging you. And if that someone is Maddy, I'd be more than happy to set her on fire myself.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Alright. I give in. What brought this on?

Lemme see.  I do know of one possible source.

Someone asked a question (it had to do with how a child avatar is defined).  There were some assumptions made by the questioner, not without reason, but inaccurately as it turned out.  The OP was given several polite explanations, some possibly with a touch of asperity maybe, but without any malice.  As I say, the original assumptions were not without basis.  At some point, someone else offered the opinion that these answers were intended to be unkind and hurtful to the OP.  Later still, someone else with godmod powers pulled some of the comments.

The thread also contained some decidedly amusing examples of the apparent ages of various avatars, using a jolly little program freely available on these interwebs.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Of course one problem as with any online communication is that it is very easy to misinterpret what is said. More than once I have said things and been accused as being mean when i was not trying to be mean at all. We all need to work hard at not reading into statements, things that were not actually said.

Oh Tali, I never meant you. There are a few who have recently rejoined that seem to have brought back some flaming and crappy attitudes. Refer back to our thread "A new and improved forum" We were pretty stoked about the positive vibes in the beginning, 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Lemme see.  I do know of one possible source.

Someone asked a question (it had to do with how a child avatar is defined).  There were some assumptions made by the questioner, not without reason, but inaccurately as it turned out.  The OP was given several polite explanations, some possibly with a touch of asperity maybe, but without any malice.  As I say, the original assumptions were not without basis.  At some point, someone else offered the opinion that these answers were intended to be unkind and hurtful to the OP.  Later still, someone else with godmod powers pulled some of the comments.

The thread also contained some decidedly amusing examples of the apparent ages of various avatars, using a jolly little program freely available on these interwebs.

One example, for sure

17 hours ago, Venus Petrov said:

An opinion is just that, an opinion.

Older versions of this forum were much livelier and more fun to read and participate in.  It's all gone pablum in the last few years.  Sad.

True, to a point. There was just a really nice breaking in period where we were getting to know each other a bit better, having some laughs. I knew it wouldn't last, because of the nature of the beast, but it was nice for a while.I just don't enjoy when someone asks a perfectly valid question, or makes a valid statement and someone jumps in to purposely be (KEY WORD) UNECCESARILY obnoxious. Understand that I'm not some goody two shoes who doesn't enjoy a good debate, or a wicked sense of humor, but when it's strictly with the intent of being an aszhole, that sucks. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Oh Tali, I never meant you. There are a few who have recently rejoined that seem to have brought back some flaming and crappy attitudes. Refer back to our thread "A new and improved forum" We were pretty stoked about the positive vibes in the beginning, 

Oh I know, I was speaking generally, but it has happened, there was one time here a guy was looking for models, I applied and was turned down, when I asked him why, he told me that I seemed like a mean person he wouldn't want to work with.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Venus Petrov said:

Older versions of this forum were much livelier and more fun to read and participate in.  It's all gone pablum in the last few years.  Sad.

Part of that is the artificial civility and such. Frankly I wish the enforcement of this saccharine veneer would lessen considerably.

• Like 1

Apparently, I R A Troll

lolz

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

... artificial civility  ... saccharine veneer ...

I believe that for many of us, we are being sincere.  

19 hours ago, Venus Petrov said:

Just because you got your hand slapped for spamming your "look at me" Sansar crap over here because no one will ever see you on Sansar boards does not mean your spiteful attitude is welcome.  You are an old has-been as far as this forum is concerned.  You are out of style now and you know it.  Go peddle your arrogant, elitist condescension somewhere else.

(Better?)

[ETA ... and probably prove the "pablum " accusation ..]
I hope you understand it was meant to be a joke.  I value your opinions, Venus.  Even when they are different than mine.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

@Rhonda Huntress Sincere in sharing their thoughts probably. I'm involved with other forums/communities outside of this one and have seen the difference between how those involved in other forums present their thoughts here and elsewhere.

That's really good. So you can have whatever is in your "other forums/communities", and also have all the civility in this one. Talk about having your cake and eating it :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just remember the forums as being pretty dead the past few years..

This is the most active I've seen them in a good bit..

Not really, just a lot of people left. Many of us have been here daily for years. It was fun enough to induce us to put up with the dysfunctionality.

• Like 3

I noticed this and got *destroyed* in a thread about basic privacy last week and this week. So weird.

Continuing to post and ignore as often as possible to try and counteract any meanness. 

Edit: Had *no clue* the mean people on these forums were so cliquey, and so coordinated in their trolling. I've realized now the OP of this thread is actually writing this in support of someone who tried to shame-bomb me on another thread by writing her version of "the thread history" which is just really unnecessary and odd. I now know better which groups are supporting each other on this network, but that will never make me stop contributing. Have a great week!! 

Edited by Lada Charlton
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.