MLPV2 unknown problems

Raena Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Raena Parx said:

Each notecard used the same animations but in different positions.  In order to do this I renamed each animation with a prefix per notecard so they are all different.  I wish MLPV2 could just release the prior configs and load the new configs when it reads the notecards, but guess it's not that easy lol.

Prefix per notecard or prefix per pose?   The warnings read as if they  concern multiple entries for the same animation used in different poses on the same notecard.

True, Innula. This morning I decided to look at where the warnings emanate from, and I wrote it down. It makes very good sense to issue the warnings, but they could worded better. There does need to be a warning when it happens, for the reason I mentioned in the post - that the system will find and use the first instance, even when the button is clicked for a different instance.

Now, if the OP can get rid of the stack-heap collisions, s/he'll be in business :)

Edited by Phil Deakins

@Innula Zenovka I just had another look, and it's definitely the names that appear on menu buttons that are duplicated, and not the names of animations. It's the text between the curly braces.

I've only looked at the original MLPV2.0 though, and it's clearly changed since then, because in my version, the word "WARNING:" isn't part of it. But I can't see any reason why duplicated animation names would be warned about. It's common to use an animation more than once, so it would be silly to issue a warning. I can only think that the OP really does have those button names.

lol yes I do have those button names. its the only way I could think to use the same animations with different names.  

For example, the button is  [d1.f1_STAND].  As the menus progress the user would understand  the d1.f1 is ignored
and the STAND is the animation.  As they go thru the menu they first choose the doctor avatar, then the patient avatar, then there is a list of animations.

For example the menu items notecard would show d1.f1_STAND menu item which breaks down like this:

d1.  is for the first of 4 doctor avatars (d1. female classic, d2. female mesh, d3. male classic, d4. male mesh).

f1_ is for the first of 5 patient avatars (f1_female classic, f2_female mesh, m1_male classic, m2_male mesh, b_baby/toddleedoo)

I know its crazy button names but there's a lot going on and its hard to keep the animation names from duplicating.

So I did decide to put each doctor type into it's own prim with its own MLPV2  and its working great.  I made a 4-button control panel that doctor can choose from depending on what avatar type the doctor is.  Its a few more prims but it gets the job done.  And still leaves memory to be able to add more modules for future animation sets as long as I dont add too many lol. 

Thank you guys for all your help!!!  It is greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by Raena Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.