Red2Blaze

Product not working, Maker left SL

Question

So i got an item from the SL marketplace for 499L$, and then found out that it seems that the maker set some updating function into it that disable it, how ever you do not get an update of the product, so it basically dose not work and the 499L$ i paid with went to waste

After i got it did i look at the reviews and notice that it says it dose not work, as much as i can see there is no way to report that on the marketplace

The Creator last login was at  (looking at the date from his SL group) 11/08/2016 so i hardly believe il get a reply on the subject to repair it (i send an IM any how)

I also notice there are reviews saying these after i notice it my self, as i rarely look at reviews, and it did have 3 stars that i was assuming meaning its not that problematic, not that it dose not work at all

So it needs to be asked, is there a way to get the item taken down on the market so someone else will not fall for these?, and if there is a way to get a refund? (fat chance on these one, but worth asking)

The item in these case: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HoA-MAP3D/5305700

Edited by Red2Blaze

2 answers to this question

It's hard to imagine what sort of update that might be, or why a creator might ever sell a product that would be disabled without an update, but I suppose anything is possible.  It is very common, of course, for products to be sold with a built-in updater, so that you can get a new version of the product when it becomes available.  For example, Maitreya seems to send out an upgrade for their mesh bodies several times a year.

Anyway .... people do leave SL unexpectedly, and they often leave active shops behind. If you have a family disaster or a personal catastrophe, the last thing you are likely to focus on is your Marketplace store. You could try submitting an Abuse Report, explaining things as you have described them here. I doubt that you will get a refund, but Linden Lab might take down the item if they can verify that the creator has actually left SL.  It's worth a try.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's hard to imagine what sort of update that might be, or why a creator might ever sell a product that would be disabled without an update, but I suppose anything is possible.  It is very common, of course, for products to be sold with a built-in updater, so that you can get a new version of the product when it becomes available.  For example, Maitreya seems to send out an upgrade for their mesh bodies several times a year.

Anyway .... people do leave SL unexpectedly, and they often leave active shops behind. If you have a family disaster or a personal catastrophe, the last thing you are likely to focus on is your Marketplace store. You could try submitting an Abuse Report, explaining things as you have described them here. I doubt that you will get a refund, but Linden Lab might take down the item if they can verify that the creator has actually left SL.  It's worth a try.

Only option i see to report it on the store is to flag it, and in there there is no option to say why, or to mark it as not working

Thanks for the reply any how