Why? Are you all that desperate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would you assume people looking for a love interest, be it in sl, or some other methods, must just be "desperate"? If it's not your cup of tea, so be it, make it known, walk away from anyone you p

I was so desperate I partnered my alt, we had some good times but then a misunderstanding broke us apart  

Why is it that it seems the norm for people is to try to use SL as some sort of dating service to meet potential real life partners? I just want to scream, I have no desire to find a real life partner

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oh they certainly are, but Pickle's fail is more stereotypical than epic, isn't it?

I love Wile E. Coyote.

Pickle is no Wile E. Coyote.

That would be hilarious..witty Road Runner vs. dull coyote. "Stop buying ACME brands, dumb*ss!"

37 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That would be hilarious..witty Road Runner vs. dull coyote. "Stop buying ACME brands, dumb*ss!"

I thought of Wile and the Roadrunner as you described when I was young. I've grown to truly admire Wile over the years. He's ultimately doomed by his lack of self reflection, but he's got perseverance. And that's the thing I love about him.

I mentored young entrepreneurs for a few years in the early aughts. They shared Wile's hopeful perseverance and a good bit of his cluelessness. I eventually stopped mentoring when I realized I was saying "no" far more often than "yes" and worried I was a roadblock to the potential success of one of the fledglings. I was told at the time that my experience was valuable as a protection against failure, and encouraged to continue, but I remained unconvinced.

Dumb luck doesn't stand a chance when smart people offer guidance.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

Still clinging to the current derail....in a networking class (as in LAN/WAN networks, not establishing personal relationships) we each made up companies and then designed the overall world-wide network and the various departmental subnets. I was so proud of my choice of 'company' I even took time to make a logo with a clever motto.

acme.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi! Back to original topic now. Yes some people are desperate because they saw a video or two of a guy meeting a lady over second life and going in real life and they want that feeling as well. I myself try soo hard to find myself someone online and its not because i can't do it in real life. Its because i live in a small town somewhere in Romania where everyone knows whos your mom/dad/grandparents and if you make a move on a girl its like you are being watched and checked on your background to see if you made any crimes or what was your grades in middle school (15 years after you are done and out of school that is). Yes i know its crazy , yes?  After a while i grew over it and became angry and grumpy on everything that moves because i wasn't getting any, because of the stereotypical reaction of "oh he is a smooth criminal (rapist)".  Now i'm just calm and having a blast in real life and in second life , without me care if i get any action or not, by playing the game and having a blast with people who care and want to stick around me. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Age check: how many people people have used Tucows to help setup windsock?

You mean winsock? If so, I certainly knew about Tucows (downloaded things from there) and winsock, though I don't believe I ever used Tucows to help set it up. If you meant windsock ... ignore this post, please.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You mean winsock? If so, I certainly knew about Tucows (downloaded things from there) and winsock, though I don't believe I ever used Tucows to help set it up. If you meant windsock ... ignore this post, please.

Some people need liquid courage, Rhonda needs liquid spellcheck, aka another cup of coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mysteriousdots said:

Hi! Back to original topic now. Yes some people are desperate because they saw a video or two of a guy meeting a lady over second life and going in real life and they want that feeling as well. I myself try soo hard to find myself someone online and its not because i can't do it in real life. Its because i live in a small town somewhere in Romania where everyone knows whos your mom/dad/grandparents and if you make a move on a girl its like you are being watched and checked on your background to see if you made any crimes or what was your grades in middle school (15 years after you are done and out of school that is). Yes i know its crazy , yes?  After a while i grew over it and became angry and grumpy on everything that moves because i wasn't getting any, because of the stereotypical reaction of "oh he is a smooth criminal (rapist)".  Now i'm just calm and having a blast in real life and in second life , without me care if i get any action or not, by playing the game and having a blast with people who care and want to stick around me. 

LOL! So true, but that would happen anywhere here even if it's a big town or small because of the mentality. Yes, it's much pressure if it's a small town. In the end, you are happy now by combining both worlds!

PS: I really love this forum xD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.