Talligurl

Why? Are you all that desperate?

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

get lost creep.

Can't remember where but I once upon a time saw that expression quoted (to a female) as a very useful comment to deliver when needed. Whoever advised it called it those "three little words".

Edited by Dillon Levenque

My opinion on the topic is that no matter where you go, there will always be those that are looking for something you're not. There are many here that come to find a connection, maybe not rl as in a partnership, but even just as friends. I personally know quite a few on both sides of the fence. 

I personally don't look for rl connections, however, I have made a few in terms of friendship. my husband and I (we are rl couple that plays sl together) Have a couple subs/slaves and we never planned for any rl connections, however, they have happened. We are really good friends rl wise with them all. We know their spouses, know what their going through and so forth. So it will even happen when both parties never plan on it. 

Now if you are not looking for a rl connection, those that are, just keep away from them, that's about the best you can do in a setting like this honestly.

• Like 2

In all my years in SL, I've only been hit on once by someone who was looking for a RL relationship. He was a chancer too, and pretty self-absorbed - it was all about his needs, even when he was trying to wrench personal information out of me. He was one of those who seemed to figure that if I was still talking with him, he stood a chance. He worked really hard to keep me talking to him too.

That he was a chancer matters, because they play a numbers game. It will always feel like there are more of them because they start so many conversations.

Just something to keep in mind. Given the persona you project, Talli, you're going to attract a lot of them too.

2 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

1) He was one of those who seemed to figure that if I was still talking with him, he stood a chance. He worked really hard to keep me talking to him too.

2 ) That he was a chancer matters, because they play a numbers game. It will always feel like there are more of them because they start so many conversations.

1) ohhh gotta love those....

2) yep... every female appearing avi at least within sight, on sim if they know about the radar... no selection, no anything just... well.. *****...  this is worse in some sims and better in others but that´s how they operate ever so often....

I´ve been to some clubs recently cos that´s where you actually see other people and there´s something like activity in local chat... at times...^^  - and yeah ... "hi" IMs within minutes... I´m kinda hesistant to go back because eff this... but.... yeah... it´s either stay logged out, be bored, have land (and invest more RL money which I cant right now...) or... "hi" IMs xD (cos setting IMs to friends only isn´t the way either... sometimes you just want to take a discussion you have with someone out of local to avoid boring the rest)

2 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

1) ohhh gotta love those....

2) yep... every female appearing avi at least within sight, on sim if they know about the radar... no selection, no anything just... well.. *****...  this is worse in some sims and better in others but that´s how they operate ever so often....

I´ve been to some clubs recently cos that´s where you actually see other people and there´s something like activity in local chat... at times...^^  - and yeah ... "hi" IMs within minutes... I´m kinda hesistant to go back because eff this... but.... yeah... it´s either stay logged out, be bored, have land (and invest more RL money which I cant right now...) or... "hi" IMs xD (cos setting IMs to friends only isn´t the way either... sometimes you just want to take a discussion you have with someone out of local to avoid boring the rest)

I find that 99% of the time local is dead, so I talk about anything and  everything in local with my friends. Anyone don't like it, they can mute me.

I'm most amused when I'm having sex in local on a sex sim and they tell me to shut up.

Mute me b**ch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I find that 99% of the time local is dead, so I talk about anything and  everything in local with my friends. Anyone don't like it, they can mute me.

I'm most amused when I'm having sex in local on a sex sim and they tell me to shut up.

Mute me b**ch.

it´s perfectly normal to RP in local... tbh I can´t fully remember how I did it... I think parts local parts IM cos it was distracting when others goofed around in chat range and all that... ah well but yeah xD

Please do not leave the Forums section Tali, I totally was laughing at your response and your honesty is refreshing:)  I still think people in SL want to make a connection with someone in world because it gets kinda lonely just exploring, building, or doing activities.  I think it is more about meeting Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs than anything else.

I wish they would leave in SL too. I've been asked to can and Skype my RL pic so many times makes me wonder what they even doing in sl?

3 hours ago, JennyGully said:

I wish they would leave in SL too. I've been asked to can and Skype my RL pic so many times makes me wonder what they even doing in sl?

You met some guy and he say "hi there , whats your age, location, and skype name"

Ummmm why do you want my skype name?

"So we can have cam sex"

• Like 1

I have to say, when I first started reading in the forum, I was surprised by the number of posts in this area which sounded like they were more interested in a RL relationship, or, as BilliJo mentioned above, in cam sex.  I know that there are relationships which go from being just in SL to RL relationships, but I would think that that change would evolve over time, as the SL relationship deepens, if that is where the partners want to take it.  But yeah, things like cam sex or requiring voice or RL pictures... there are a lot of other places on the internet that specialize in those types of interactions.  

For me, the most annoying part it's that most of the 1st IMs I'm receiving are just this. So many guys that can't do better.

"Hi... u r sxy... <insert tp to an adult sim>... come."

And that's all. It resumes 99% of my random IMs from males. Why they can't do better?

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

For me, the most annoying part it's that most of the 1st IMs I'm receiving are just this. So many guys that can't do better.

"Hi... u r sxy... <insert tp to an adult sim>... come."

And that's all. It resumes 99% of my random IMs from males. Why they can't do better?

THAT!!!! and "hi".... Gosh it makes me cringe everytime I see a new tab popping up saying someone is typing...  ARGH but I can´t set IMs to friends only cos I tend to switch to IMs with folks from local chat when a discussion derails xD 

• Like 4

I don't mind the "hi" or "hello". I even prefer someone who starts with a simple but polite greetings. It's all that follows after that doesn't make it.

The same questions, the same intention. How old are you? Where do you live?... I'm 666 years old ninja rabbit from Mars and I live in Hell now go away, pffff. But it doesn't even work, they'll glue even more. "mynameisNoobRogers.resident bumped you with a magnitude of 3.200001". 2 minutes later : "mynameisNoobRogers.resident bumped you with a magnitude of 3.200001"

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

THAT!!!! and "hi".... Gosh it makes me cringe everytime I see a new tab popping up saying someone is typing...  ARGH but I can´t set IMs to friends only cos I tend to switch to IMs with folks from local chat when a discussion derails xD

Few months back, I'm on a sim in the intercontinental sea, and...

*im spam warning ping*

14:23 Him: Hi

14:23 Me: Yes?

1427: Him How are you

14:27 Me: Is there a point to this conversation?

1435 Him: Me fotografer You want buy profile pic?

14:35 Me: No, I have a profile pic

14:47 Him: Ok

Now the first thing I did when the im box pineged with 'Hi' was check radar to see where the toad was, not on sim or on adjacent sims, this guy was spamming random female id's from some group membership list.

You don't even have to be where these people are for them to latch onto you and start sending you im's, and their 'conversations are so laughably predictable, that their claim usually made after the first couple of rejections to be "different to the other guys" are even more humerous.

The ones who REALLY bug me though, are the amateur psycho-analyst wannabes...

The ones who start trying to figure why a hot babe like you would say no to an irrisistable macho hunk like them, and conclude it's because you "became a man-hater cos you had a few bad dates in the past" but thats ok because THEY can cure you with "just one application of super-boy-dangle-groin-prim" and you'll never be a man-hater ever again!

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Klytyna said:

The ones who start trying to figure why a hot babe like you would say no to an irrisistable macho hunk like them, and conclude it's because you "became a man-hater cos you had a few bad dates in the past" but thats ok because THEY can cure you with "just one application of super-boy-dangle-groin-prim" and you'll never be a man-hater ever again!

And the big gold pendant !

I put one in my bed once. Before "Let have some fun, babe. I'm the best."... After "Wow babe, u r the best, I love u." Hahahaha...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Few months back, I'm on a sim in the intercontinental sea, and...

*im spam warning ping*

14:23 Him: Hi

that´s the point where I go "hi xy" in local - I DO NOT reply to such IMs  in IM... I call them out in local - usually at least 2-3 others go like "oh you got one, too?" - if they´re not on sim I tell them to read my profile and either form a decent question or go rot somewhere in a dark humid corner.... no mercy there.... (cos obviously if that f-tard had clicked your profile he´d have noticed you have a profile pic.... and well I´m no native speaker either but "me photographer" is just NO!!!!! it´s unprofessional and ... gtfo.... and... NOPE! Did I mention NOPE? )

for the manhater - that´s probably the last thing I am xD I don´t like human as much as I love animals, I don´t get along with females as well as I get along with men. Now most of them do not fathom that SLex is not everybody´s top priority and some are happy with the RLsex they have or that there´s different preferences in taste regarding the looks. For instance if I see tanned muscles or oily skin, bare chest, random long hair, spech if topped with "biker" outfits from 2009-ish... I want to take them shopping.... forced shopping....

I still wouldn´t eff them afterwards because...well... just nope thanks, had my share of that, but at least they won´t torture my eyes that much. (I know I´m such an a-hole...)

24 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

And the big gold pendant !

I put one in my bed once. Before "Let have some fun, babe. I'm the best."... After "Wow babe, u r the best, I love u." Hahahaha...

you´re pure charity hun.... too good for SL ^^

I get  "hi" ims from folks all the time, human non-human, male, female..whoever and whatever, lol. They have never once bugged me, certainly not the the level some folks seem to be annoyed.

Not everyone is a great conversationalist. Personally I think it's much easier to simply ignore IMs if you really hate someone saying "hi", than it is to attempt to insult them because you're not fond of their greeting choice.

Hell even the "i want teh sex" type IMs have never bugged me..I just ignore it. I've seen quite a few of those, in all varying ranges of form, especially if I happen to be in a populated area(like some sandboxes I go to that aren't always quite as empty as I'd like). I ignore them, they think I'm afk..they go away. Even if they don't go away, I still ignore them. Sometimes I engage in conversation with them, mostly for my own amusement, but also sometimes because I know not everyone is all that great at conversing(hell if anything these forums are a fantastic example of just that)..so I try to remember that, regardless of how ill-mannered they might seem to my standards, how awkward for them I might feel(yeah, sometimes I do) that this is their idea of a good way to start a chat...if I'm going to converse with them at all, it won't be to insult them. If they get me to the point I feel like I should, or would insult them, I start ignoring, lol. SO much easier than engaging in a conversation I've no interest in. 

Never really did understand why the phrase "hi" or even "hello" irritates some people so much, pretty typical greeting really, but..then, no one ever said I had to understand people :D (I rarely do). 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

and innocent and all. That's so me... *readjusts my halo*

Get a good pair of horns, you can fix the halo with some tape inbetween.

One thing I have found is many lonely people join SL for many reasons and try to make up for for what is lacking in thier lives. Even in a room full of people most of us still can feel lonely.  Some people's lives are just plain sh1t when you get to know them as they have health issues or other problems they are escaping into a fantasyland to forget for a time. People living in a happy nuclear family with thier soul mate spouse doesn't seem to be the majority I come across anyway. 

Someone warned me early to guard your heart here and I found out why later. When the shortcomings and disappointments of our lives are hidden by anomyninity, two people can get to know each other for who they really are and sometimes you come across "that" irresistible person in your shared fantasy and suddenly have this amazing connection and attraction you never imagined possible regardless of whether you want it or not.  

Others have a chance to tealize that long dreamed of fantasy that involves another person and have to ask. 

Putting yourself in the other persons shoes and understanding thier possible motivations helps a bit with this especially if you are lucky enough to be healthy and married to your soul mate and don't really want for anything more than friendships. 

I wish I had a few  Lindens for every "Hi, wanna f**" I have ever had after arriving somewhere.  Sometimes it's annoying and other times it's amusing.

Edited by chardonay Babii
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Dreamerra said:

Because A lot of dating sites are not working.

Maybe the dating sites supplied a free naked body part and body that looks like a 20 year old and assisted members to learn some classy opening lines like "Hi wanna F**ck" within 5 seconds of meeting...

Edited by chardonay Babii
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2017 at 6:44 PM, Talligurl said:

It just seems very odd to me to use SL for this,since the very nature of it makes it easy to be deceptive.

Using SL to find a partner seems to me to be a lot like someone who goes to wash her hands and passes by the sink to wash them in the toilet. Sure it might work but there are much better ways.

People can be and are deceptive on any and all internet sites (not just SL) and even in real life.  SL is not some special place holding the record for that.  Unlike most places on the internet though, SL gives you the added bonus of visually seeing to whom you're speaking, that is about the only difference.  Muting and banning is the easiest way to deal with anyone crossing your boundaries, just like on any other online site.  But, who are we to judge who, what, when, where and how people should meet others or fall in love?  Not out job.

• Like 1