Sunbleached

Second Life is closing?!

Question

8 answers to this question

No.  Don't believe every silly rumor that you hear. I have heard one version or another of that one since 2007, and I'm sure it was around long before that.  Find something better to worry about, like lag or your missing inventory.

• Like 2

I hear that for years now and - I'm still waiting. :D 

In RL there was the last "end of world" warning ... hmmmm ... can't remember - but I'm still waiting. :D

• Like 1

There has always been people, walking around with signs saying: "The End Is Near!"...and there always will.

So... you do know there are various Linden Homes and private rental properties available?

There is no need to live under a rock... no matter how nice your rock is.

There are several blogs you can follow to know what is going on in SL and what the Lab is doing. That will give you some protection against the fake news that floods through parts of SL.

...and of course the Linden Blogs linked at the top of this page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It aint gonna die as long as its still profitable. We got other social games out there like Smallworlds that are still hanging on with like 500 daily users left.

Wow I have heard this ever since I joined Second Life and that is almost 10 years ago! The short answer is no it's not closing any time soon and if anything I would suspect it will be around a long time to come. Relax and enjoy Second Life. :)