KittyCharming

Best slave collar with tonnes of animation?

52 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Add "traffic calculations" to the list of things she doesn't understand.

*stamps foot and pouts*  I wanted the last word  :P

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2017 at 6:18 AM, KittyCharming said:

Person comes and asks simple question - please tell me about alternative to OC if such exists. Some people try to prove her OC is good. Person says - no I hate OC, I dont need it, please tell me only alternatives (if one exists) -

Unfortunately the problems you have with OC are not going to be fixed in any other system.  There are a re non-supported systems out there - Darihause(?) is one that has been around for many years and has a strong following -- but they will have even less functionality than OC.  The closest you can get is often with a HUD that can temp on res poseballs but most public places have res disabled.

If you find this unacceptable, can you give me an example of another game or platform that can do what you want?  Off the top of my head I can't think of any client/server game that keeps track of the direction you are facing on the server side.  It is all handled client side.  If everyone used the same hardware and were all connected on the same subnet switch we could get better precision.  But unless the avatar is stationary on a fixed point in world, it gets rather sloppy, especially with animations.  Even with pose balls they can get out of sync because they play on your local machine only.  Have you ever been dancing with a partner and look around the room?  When you look back, you are no longer dancing together.  But you probably are to your partner. 

As far as I know there is no viable solution to what you are chalking up to lazy programming.  Even if the server kept up with every frame of every animation for every avatar, the differences in latency between all the scattered clients will prevent them from ever being in sync.  It is actually better to let each client keep up with everything it sees and render the scene on its own.