Mesh clothes: shape deforms

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

There is a load of gotchas going from plain Blender into SL.

Which bones you rig to defines how shape sliders deform the mesh.

There is a lot to consider and you aren't giving us much to go on.

Go over to Machinimatrix.org and watch their tutorials. On YouTube find Medhue's channel and watch his tutorials.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Your bones are the wrong weights, or you are using the wrong bones.

Thank you!

I have to say that i'm a new designer. I've tried to use the Ebody Curvy dev kit and the  SL avatar as well, that i donwloaded on SL wiki. The result was the same. I'm using Blender 2.79 and did i saw a lot of Youtube tutorials. Do you have some suggestion about a rigging tutorial that can help me with this problem?

Again, thank you for answer.

EDIT: You helped me a lot! I was rigging in a wrong way.

Thank you!

Edited by nataliarecos
solved

On 12/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, nataliarecos said:

I have to say that i'm a new designer. I've tried to use the Ebody Curvy dev kit and the  SL avatar as well, that i donwloaded on SL wiki. The result was the same. I'm using Blender 2.79 and did i saw a lot of Youtube tutorials. Do you have some suggestion about a rigging tutorial that can help me with this problem?

I don't use just Blender because of the various gotchas going from Blender to SL. I used to. But, it became too tedious.

Doing bare Blender you have to have the SL Bento Skeleton (armature). You can get that from the SL Wiki, see Bento. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Bento_Testing

There are rotation and scale mismatches between Blender and SL. The X axis direction in Blender is different than in SL. 

Sorting out which bones do which and what gets weighted to what is way complicated. So, most of us use a starting point model previously weighted; the SL avatar, or a dev kit from a mesh body maker. We copy weights from those models to our model. Then we tweak from there.

AvaStar is designed to make this work flow easy. I just updated my Blender-AvaStar setup to use the Slink Physique body. The weights transfer from the Slink model to mine is way easy, click, click, done. Simple things require little to no twerking... er.. tweaking. I just did a set of mesh pasties that work with breast settings 0 to 100 without have to adjust anything.

I can click a vertex of the Slink body while in weight-paint mode and see which bones the body maker is using for their weighting. In AvaStar they have control to show/hide bones so I don't have to sort out which bones to weight to.

Everything I do with AvaStar you can do with plain Blender. There is just a lot of learning without AvaStar.

Examples

https://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/reference/weighting-with-blender/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.