Trying to buy land for group, transaction not going through?

Purplerain Horowitz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hopefully, I got this in the right section. So I found a 2048 plot and am trying to buy for the group. We have 1024m donated. I know there will be some tier left over that I will have to pay 2048-1126 =922(I am throwing the 10% in). So that will bump me up into the $8 fee. However, every time I go to confirm purchase it won't go through. I tried a few times. I am wearing the group tag, I click "About Land" -> "Buy for group", it then goes through all the terms and then asks me to confirm I want to buy, I click okay and nothing happens. So I do not know if there is something wrong on SL end or if I am missing a step? I checked announcements and there is no issues according to SL.  Any advice would help, thanks. 

Edited by Purplerain Horowitz
add info

You can just go straight into the group land tab and increase your donation.  The system will warn you that you are going into a new tier level - just say ok or whatever.  Then the group will have enough tier for the purchase.

Now that I think about it -- you might have to first bump the tier level up on the Land Use page (the radio buttons at the bottom)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You know that there was a recent thread on this and the "infamous" wiki said that purchasers had 72 hours to come up donations for the tier or the owner or owners(?) would be charged. We wondered if that was correct. This seems to suggest it is NOT :D. 

31 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You know that there was a recent thread on this and the "infamous" wiki said that purchasers had 72 hours to come up donations for the tier or the owner or owners(?) would be charged. We wondered if that was correct. This seems to suggest it is NOT :D. 

My guess then is that possibly that is referring to if a group loses enough tier donations such that the currently owned land is no longer covered.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My guess then is that possibly that is referring to if a group loses enough tier donations such that the currently owned land is no longer covered.

I am pretty sure it was 72 hours after BUYING as that was the point of the original post question. The gal wanted to buy four 512 lots, cut off the 10% bonus and then abandon the rest. Not sure she ever wrote back. Would have been good. Maybe someone remembers more about that thread.  Last I read about that (long ago) it said that if there wasn't enough tier donations the "owner" would get charged. That may have changed now though. The wiki is frequently not updated, so definitely shouldn't be counted on to be correct. 

On 9/1/2017 at 1:20 AM, Chic Aeon said:

I am pretty sure it was 72 hours after BUYING as that was the point of the original post question. The gal wanted to buy four 512 lots, cut off the 10% bonus and then abandon the rest. Not sure she ever wrote back. Would have been good. Maybe someone remembers more about that thread.  Last I read about that (long ago) it said that if there wasn't enough tier donations the "owner" would get charged. That may have changed now though. The wiki is frequently not updated, so definitely shouldn't be counted on to be correct. 

It might have had to do with winning an auction. It would be unreasonable to expect tier to be completely covered at the instant a parcel is won in an auction because that would mean the group would need to be tiered up for land that they might never own if they didn't win the auction.

49 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It might have had to do with winning an auction. It would be unreasonable to expect tier to be completely covered at the instant a parcel is won in an auction because that would mean the group would need to be tiered up for land that they might never own if they didn't win the auction.

as far i know a group can not participate in a auction

Well I tried to research that but the wiki actually says at the top that it is wrong :D.   So until someone actually DOES do something like this and reports what happens I guess we won't know.  I have never been a fan of wikis. On one (were some folks were trying to ruin the grid and start their own (and they did) I spent a ton of time putting in correct info to have someone erase it and put in wrong.  I didn't stay much longer after that :D.   NOT HERE !

• 5 months later...

I had this also happen to me. I wanted the land badly and was afraid of waiting and loosing it, so I bought it under my name outright and it worked. Then I deeded and donated the land to my group. If I understand correctly I will be charged for tier on my next bill but then after that it falls under the group 10% discount and no tier will need to be paid or am I stuck? Will the group 10% discount take effect on the next bill? So damn confusing.

The 10% bonus applies immediately when the tier is contributed to the group. In the group's Land/Assets tab "Your contribution" gets that 10% boost when added to "Total contribution."

Billing, on the other hand, follows a monthly cycle, charged in arrears for peak usage during the past 30 days. 

Always, always, always update your tier to make sure it fits the amount you expect to pay in the month after the current billing cycle concludes. (That next cycle's bill will be issued 30-60 days hence, depending where you are in your current billling cycle.) If the web form won't allow you to set it as low as you intended, you'll continue paying the higher amount until the billing cycle after you correct whatever's wrong.

Edited by Qie Niangao

On 01/09/2017 at 8:43 AM, Purplerain Horowitz said:

Hopefully, I got this in the right section. So I found a 2048 plot and am trying to buy for the group. We have 1024m donated. I know there will be some tier left over that I will have to pay 2048-1126 =922(I am throwing the 10% in). So that will bump me up into the $8 fee. However, every time I go to confirm purchase it won't go through. I tried a few times. I am wearing the group tag, I click "About Land" -> "Buy for group", it then goes through all the terms and then asks me to confirm I want to buy, I click okay and nothing happens. So I do not know if there is something wrong on SL end or if I am missing a step? I checked announcements and there is no issues according to SL.  Any advice would help, thanks. 

- Wear the group tag you want to buy land for

- Ensure enough tier is donated to the group.

- right click, go about land and hit buy for group 

- The tier needs to be manually contributed. Since from a technical sense, if you have five board member, the system won't just go about picking someone to shoot up their payment per month, since that would cause drama. 

I own 40K sqm over three sims I know ?

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.